Hotel La Cupula
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mirador(Copacabana)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewsla cupulathe ownerin townisla del solhot tubcommunal kitchencommon roomgreat kitchenshared bathroomon site restaurantoverlooking the bayloved this hotelgreat restaurantgreat viewfonduecopacabana bayfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

For the price this place is really good - the room was unusually nice, and had a nice smell which was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is decent and they make huge sandwiches that you can take to the Isla del Sol.

Copacabana is one of the more interesting and attractive towns around here, and probably the best place to stay on either side of Lake Titicaca.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

The short walk uphills that it takes to get here is well worth it. At this hotel you can enjoy the view of the lake while sitting in front of the fire place in your room. Next to the reception there's a restaurant that serves good food at reasonable prices. We really enjoyed our stay in La Cupula and will be happy to come back again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my 2nd choice after Las Olas was full, and I wasn´t disappointed. The owner speaks English, is friendly and helped me call and make a reservation elsewhere. I had a private room, ensuite, for $14US a night. My room wasn´t anything great, but the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot. The other rooms here seem very nice and sunny with interesting decor. I guess one negative is that breakfast is not included. But their restaurant is DELISH, if a bit pricey (for Bolivia) and there is a great kitchen and common room for guests. The view from this place is to die for. There are tons of chairs and hammocks to relax in while reading, napping or just taking in the gorgeous views. And you can use the hot tub at Las Olas for free (although there isn´t always water in it) Another negative could be that you have to walk up the hill to get here, but I think it was a small price to pay for such a lovely place. One plus is if you are an animal lover, there is a puppy and 2 cats living here, and they are cute and fun.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Cupula for three nights in Sep 2012. We LOVED the hotel. The room was great, sufficient enough space, nice hot shower, comfortable bed etc.

We cooked in the delightful kitchen most days. They provide tea, coffee and milk for you which is nice. It was also a great kitchen to cook and look out onto the garden. Such a beautiful setting.

We also ate in the hotel restaurant which was good.

My ONLY critiscm was that every morning we were awoken at around 6.30 - 7am by strange noises coming from above. I can only describe them as shuffling / banging repetitively. Not loud, but loud enough that you could hear it and it woke us up.

I'm not sure if it was the cleaners / restaurant staff getting up and getting prepared for the day, but it was sooo annoying to be woken from such a nice sleep at an earlier hour than planned.

We did ask the manager what the noises were but he didn't seem to know. Oh well. Still a great hotel and I would definitely recommend. Maybe avoid rooms 1,2 and 3 though if you dont like early starts!

Room Tip: Choose in the main block, not the adjacent building.
Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Warm welcome. Room 11 was amazing. Great resturant, also served simple but filling and tasty breakfast. Use of hot tub in next door hotel, available on one of two days of our stay. Communal kitchen a little tired and occupied by two cats (friendly but perhaps not so hygienic).

• Stayed: September 2012