“The Best Food In Bolivia!”
Review of La Orilla

La Orilla
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Copacabana
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Orilla is an small family business that by no means intents to be competing with international restaurants or food chains. My wife is the chef and I attend the front end customer side. We do our best to try to please most customers but we know that we are not capable to please everyone. Hope your visit to La Orilla is a pleasent one and enjoy mamas cooking.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great food
Varied menu
After travelling through South America for some time we were craving some food with flavour. We found it here.
Miguel the owner and his family are most welcoming, even his beautiful children.
Miguel has spent many years in the States so his slant on food combines South American and Central American and the result is not disappointing.
Try the chilli it's superb!

There are newer reviews for La Orilla

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Definetly the best restaurant I ate in latin america. The chef make the best spinache trout. I would kill for one of his chilly corn carne and after my grandma's the best chocolat mousse.
Don't miss it in copacabana....

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had dinner here twice. The menu is not very exhaustive but the food was so good we ordered the same twice. Good service, good value for money. The only thing: the manager could smile a little more, he seemed grumpy (but not impolite) on both occasions.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This wonderful family run business has an extensive menu for great value.

We shared nachos with all the trimmings to start - delish.

I had a huge, fresh trout - the owner (a lovely chatty man) explained they were out of chips so offered masses of steamed veg as an alternative, a very welcome treat after weeks of stodge on the road!

My hub had tex mex chilli with garlic bread & rice. The owner even asked how spicy he'd like his chilli!

The rhythm n blues soundtrack & candles created a great atmosphere.

Very highly recommended!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Food was fresh, delicious, served hot and ther service was friendly. The restaurant is cozy, good music playing in the background. I had the TexMex Chili which was just as I would have at home, nice and spicy. My husband had the stuffed trout that he had read reviews about and was very pleased with it. Miguel, the owner,Maas put together a great retreat for us travelers who have become a little weary of second rate restaurants.