See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2018

I've stayed in almost all of the hotels in Cochabamba and in recent years used Air BNB as a preference. On this occasion, I decided to try the Camino Plaza.
First impressions of the foyer looked promising but beyond that it was a disappointing experience.
Room was cramped, bathroom ridiculously small, my shower failed completely on two consecutive days, food at the hotel is very poor, expensive and badly prepared. My room 104, was noisy with lots of light intrusion from the passageway.
I booked a taxi for my return to the airport in advance, come the day of departure, I found that the taxi was not available and had to wait 30 minutes for another to be ordered.
For $100 a night, this hotel is overpriced, fixtures and fittings are old and deteriorating, there are better options available in the city, particularly Air BNB.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The Camino Plaza was fantastic. The staff was wonderful, the room was perfect, and the overall atmosphere of the place is just so luxurious. The reason I gave 4 stars was merely based on my experience. During mine and my girlfriends stay the power went out from 7 to 11. Because of this, the shower was cold, the breakfast buffet was dark and cold, and we didnt have power in the room. Also, there was a sort of marching band practicing directly outside of our window for about an hour. OTHER THAN THAT, fantastic.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed March 9, 2018

First the positive: The staff was very friendly and some were fluent in English. However, the room we had in the A block was very modern and attractive when one enters, but we concluded it was designed by someone who had never stayed in a hotel. Half the room did not have lighting, and this was where the desk was and one would normally place one's suitcases. The hotel staff rigged up a lamp to try to help, but it was really inadequate. Likewise there were no reading lights over the bed. That's OK if you are reading from your tablet, but not if you want to read an old fashioned paper book. There was only one soft chair in the room, so my wife and I had to compete for it.
In short, this hotel could do better.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2018

The hotel is conveniently located, and the service is great. One night I went out looking for a good place to eat dinner, and did a whole circle, and back to the hotel. The food service was incredible, the food yummy, and if you get to know the bartender you will enjoy the rest of your stay in Cochabamba!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed December 29, 2017

Very comfortable large clean room. Restaurant food very good. Buffet breakfast lots of variety. Staff accommodating and helpful. Lobby area bright and cheerful a good place to relax and visit with friends. Very clean.

Date of stay: October 2017