All reviews lots of character three nights large bathroom attentive staff hacienda ricardo wilson chandeliers
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2018

The hotel building had lots of character and charm, with classic fabrics, vintage wooden furniture, chandeliers, paintings and tapestries. The ornate dining room had a decadent feel for breakfast.

The promised airport transfer didn't work out when I arrived. There was nobody to meet me at the airport, though I waited 25 minutes. So I took a cab, which was cheaper, anyway. The few staff I saw at the hotel could not speak English.

At night, there were no guests or staff in sight for dinner, when I stayed. I wandered around the deserted hotel & took some pictures (note the absence of people in my shots of the hotel). Then I left to eat at an excellent nearby restaurant.

Room tip: I had a Standard Single Room, which was a spacious 25 sq m. Sun-filled, with views to the courtyard below.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 6, 2017

This hotel has a peaceful, elegant and homey setting. If you want to stay in a unique and beautiful atmosphere, this is your choice. Restaurant was very good, and staff was friendly and helpful. At the end of each day, a very pleasant place to return to.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2017

The staff were extremely helpful and desirous of making our stay memorable. The room we had was a family suite. (1King, 2 double beds and a futon) The rooms do not have a/c, which is typically not an issue in Cochabamba, but this time was a little warmer than usual. We asked the desk for a fan and they delivered one to the room. The location was nice, centrally located. Many restaurants within walking distance as was a grocery store. Restaurant served delicious meals. I recommend the Steak Aranjuez and the Surubi. The cafe off the lobby served excellent espresso drinks.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I picked this hotel based on the reviews I read on Trip Adivisor. I was not disappointed. The hotel is not the cheapest in Cochabamba, but considering the beautiful grounds and great atmosphere of an old mansion, the price is not bad. Good service, good size rooms. The junior suites with pool views are nice. Loved the hotel's cat and the pool. The pool is not huge but it is not bad and it is heated!
The beautiful restaurant had excellent food at reasonable prices.
Wi Fi worked pretty well. Breakfast was good although I would have like some cheese instead of so many sweets.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are no elevators, but they do help you with your luggage if that is an issue. There is a fan in the room but no AC. Cochabamba is usually cool but the day we arrived was quite warm. Fortunately it cools down at night.

A place with lots of character and very relaxing gardens in a city that does not have many gardens. I would return

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2017

Hotel Aranjuez is an elegant house and gardens, converted to a hotel. Cochabamba is neither so high (altitude) or so hot as other cities in Bolivia, but this small hotel is a very relaxing place to spend a few days. In particular it has lots of 'nooks and crannies' for small meetings or just reflecting in the garden or on the terraces, while enjoying the sun. I had both lunch and supper with friends in the gardens. It is also less than five minutes walk to the Portales Palace, the most beautiful (European-style) house in th city.

Room tip: There is no lift which clearly affects disability access. The upper floors all look out over the gardens.
Date of stay: November 2017