“Not to be missed if you are young”
Review of Casablanca

Casablanca
Ranked #29 of 176 Restaurants in Cochabamba
berlin
“Not to be missed if you are young”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is a place which is always fulled with young people (18-30). It is not uncommon to see people just enjoing a capuchino and reading a book. The restaurant is well located. The owner is an Italian guy who seems to understand his business. The ambiance is bohemian. Unfortunately it is too smoky. I do not smoke, but I go there for the food. Try the Osobuco, the chicken with almonds or the pasta al pesto.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank travelBerlin

Cochabamba, Bolivia
“food is good, but too many smokers”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

cut off smoking please, and need to improve customer service

Visited January 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good food, but too many beggars are allowed in the restaurant, slow service, and not so nice bathrooms.”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I've been here once at night, and once this week for lunch. I'll get the negative out of the way first. Today, we were here for lunch from 1:15-2:45. During that time, 4 different beggars were allowed in the restaurant. Two of the beggars who came at separate times were very insistent, and didn't leave our table for a whole minute because they kept asking us for money. We kept saying no, but they wouldn't leave! We found ourselves getting more and more angry as each beggar was allowed in the restaurant and bothered us at our table. It really messed up our dining experience. We don't mind passing along some pocket change on the streets sometimes, but certainly not while we eat. As a foreigner, I'm already aggressively pursued by multiple beggars on the street daily, so when I pay to eat at a restaurant, I do not like to be bothered. I appreciate that the restaurant is trying to be benevolent to everyone in Cochabamba, but I think this restaurant needs to find some kind of balance.

The service was super slow today. There was only one girl working the tables, and we had to wait 25 minutes to receive our bill once we were finished eating.

There are many restaurants that cater to foreigners here, and I am sorry to say, this is my first time experiencing a bathroom that offered no soap to wash your hands, or towels to wipe them off. The toilet was also full with toilet paper and other things I won't mention here. I've experienced many meticulously clean bathrooms here in Cochabamba, and I'm sorry to say this was not one of them.

Now on to the positive...the food is pretty great. Anything you order, you will probably like. There is a great variety of juices, teas, coffees, pastas (including gnocchi), vegetarian options, pizzas, different cultural foods (Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian), and desserts. Casablanca is a fun place to come to, especially at night, and enjoy some food and games with your friends. I also love the music they play---a lot of 90's alternative American music. Pretty cool.

Overall, I would love this place SO much more if I wasn't bothered by people asking me for money, if they would work a little harder to make the service a little more speedy, and if they would give some more attention to the bathroom. That would make me give them 5 stars.

• Visited June 2011