“Ideal beach getaway spot with secure family environment”
Review of Nautical Inn

Nautical Inn
Lawton, OK
“Ideal beach getaway spot with secure family environment”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Our family of five stayed in their family suite and had a wonderful time. The living room and kitchenette made us feel like we were living large and at night (or any time we needed a quiet moment) we could close the pocket doors into the restroom and get some peace.
Our kids had a wonderful time exploring the courtyard and playing in the pool--even sending off banana palm leaves into the surf, all without my husband or I having to worry that they would range out of sight. The homey atmosphere and the gracious helpfulness of everyone ranked this hotel at the top of our list. If we had wanted to, we could have walked to the nearest restaurant or ridden bicycles into Placencia, but we had a rental car. (Highly suggest taking the water taxi into Placencia and renting something there rather than driving the turnoff to Placencia until the road construction is finished.)
Roger is great, but Gail is an angel in disguise! My neck had gone out and Gail helped arrange for the local Thai masseuse to come to the room to work on my back, and she took the time to visit with my kiddoes and even do crafts with them.
We plan on moving to a different area of Belize, but Gail and Roger's resort will still be our number one vacation pick.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank gcasebee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Francisco
Reviewed January 31, 2010

As soon as my feet touched the sand, I felt like the crazy stress of my daily life evaporated. This is a place to unwind, slow down and re-energize. It feels as if you've gone back in time to a slower paced more balanced and healthy way of living. The hotel is owned and run by an American couple, Roger and Gail, who are almost always on the property, they are very sweet and responsive to anything you may need from an early breakfast to transportation to the airport to booking amazing tours in the area. It really feels more like you are staying with family than at a sterile, unfriendly hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable with AC (which is a must in the hot weather), they also have a very nice pool, hammocks on the beach and a restaurant so you never need to leave the property. The hotel is literally built on the beach so in 5 steps you could be in the ocean. There is a charming dock to fish off of and the owners have games and small non-powered boats you can take out exploring. There is also beach volleyball which is fun at sunset. And...in case you need to stay on top of your endless email, they have wireless internet as well, free of charge. I will definitely be coming back to the Nautical Inn every time I visit this magical place.

• Stayed December 2009
USA
Reviewed January 10, 2010

about the room you are booked into.
We traveled late Dec in Belize. Two adults and our 11 year old daughter.

This is a re-write of my original review which the owner contacted me about. I do feel that Gail is wonderful and she will try to meet your needs. She does want guests to be happy and was always on the go. She even let us borrow her personal bottle opener for our Belikins. :-)

We came here for 2 nights after a wonderful jungle experience. They were kind enough to book us for 2 nights even though it was high season and because they were full we ended up in a room that has not been updated yet. Since we didn't see any other rooms we assumed that they were all in poor condition. But, I guess that is not the case. Be sure to ask if you are in an updated room. The older room was in need of some repair.

The setting is beautiful. A private beach. Beautiful sunsets. The pool was a little worse for wear due to recent rain. We didn't swim in it.

My biggest complaint is that it was a holiday weekend and the cook was not available to make meals. The bar and kitchen are closed and you have to preorder meals. But, when we arrived Gail had been upable to reach her cook so we could not order dinner. The following day we were out on a boat all day but we didn't get any message saying that the cook had been located so we missed the opportunity to order any meals for the next day. Make sure you ask about the availability of cook and don't expect a bar.

All in all I did feel safe and we had a place to rest our heads but wished we had a better experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank belize000
Alabama
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We stayed a week at the Nautical Inn and had a very good experience. The owners Roger and Gail were very hospitable and attentive to our needs. We ate almost all our meals there and the food was great (authentic Belizian). The rooms were very clean and what minor problems we encountered were taken care of immediately. We felt very safe here. If given the opportunity to go back to this area of Belize, I would stay at the Nautical Inn (now called "in His Palms") again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I arrived at the Nautical Inn on the 22nd of December 2009 and was welcomed at the airport by the owners with a smile and prompt/courteous service. The resort is located at the edge of a small village just a few minutes away from Placencia. Very convenient because you are away from the larger tourist body, yet still easy to get into the village for a meal or to just walk around. Speaking of Meals, the restaurant at the resort offers delicious homemade food as well. During my stay at Nautical Inn I think I experienced it all. Gail and Roger Blair arranged for us to experience everything we wanted to from Scuba Diving to The tours of the Mayan Ruins. They were even gracious enough to open up their facilities so that my fiancé' and I could get married on the beach. My wife and I enjoyed the days we had tours and the nights on the beach after a great dinner prepared and served to us by the lovely Edwin and Emma. We also enjoyed the pool and the hammocks on our leisure days. Being able to come back to our room to listen to the waves splash against the shore while we slept just feet away was blissful. If you go to Belize you need to make the Nautical Inn your getaway spot. This is a trip my wife and I will never forget thanks to Gail and Roger.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
chicago, IL
Reviewed January 5, 2010

We had a wonderful experience during or stay at the nautical inn! When we first arrived I was very impressed with how warm and friendly the owners were. It is a very cute and quaint layout that it almost feels like you are staying at a bed and breakfast. It was nice because all of the little bungalows /rooms surrounded a middle area with a great pool and deck. We actually had a lot of fun hanging out with other people that were staying there over the week…you had plenty of privacy in your own room but also it’s nice to socialize. It was also SO beautiful cause you are like 5 steps away from the ocean!

I also really liked the setup of the restaurant, although it is not open all the time you are able to order whatever you would like for breakfast/lunch/ dinner and they brought your food to you. Sometimes we ate outside on the cute little picnic tables by the pool, other times in our room or in the restaurant with everyone else. The Emma’s breakfast was my personal favorite! I am a huge breakfast person so I’m very particular about my eggs, and they had these really good things called fry jacks (probably not the most low-fat thing to eat but so good!)

Anyway, I would defiantly recommend this place and we will stay there next time we go to Belize for sure!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Nautical Inn Resort in Belize. The owners, Roger and Gail Blair are a nice American couple. They are Christians and run their establishment with that attitude. They have two nice dogs for pets and they enjoy playing with you. The rooms are nice and the view is great out over the Caribbean Sea.

• Stayed October 2009
#5 of 19 in Placencia
Green Parrot Beach Houses
Green Parrot Beach Houses
#11 of 19 in Placencia

Been to Nautical Inn? Share your experiences!