“Peace and Quiet!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maskall
Medellin, Colombia
“Peace and Quiet!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is not a place for the type of person that expects action, clubs and a city nite life! This is a place that you can simply lose yourself and get away from reality! When I arrived at the airport the owner picked me up, it was a little drive from the airport but to me at was well worth the travel to escape. When arriving at the jungle spa, it is exactly what the name states,(jungle spa) it is so peaceful and quiet you lose yourself easily! Then owners and the staff go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. The food is fresh and delicious. Everything I had to eat was good and had good flavor. The rooms are spacious and have ac. When I was there the mangos were falling off the trees and you pick all you could eat from the ground! I enjoyed my trip and defiantly recommend this place if you want to lose yourself and forget reality for a while..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glandryg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went to Maruba on the second part of our honeymoon, The staff there was so accommodating. We were immediately upgraded to a junior suite and given a tour of the entire grounds. My wife loved the mosaic tiles in our shower and consistently throughout the theme of the resort. We enjoyed the mineral bath and love the pampering with massages, pools, and cabanas. The service is first class as we didn't have to carry a bag the entire time we were there, our dinner cloth was put on us by the staff and they even stirred in our cream and sugar for our coffee in the morning. Each night we spent talking with staff and getting to know their story and how they got there. Their catch of the day specials were incredible. Lobster, blackened tuna, red snapper, etc. On our way out we were given hugs by the owners and felt genuinely welcomed and appreciated there. I will be sending my friends and family in that direction.

Room Tip: Rooms close to mineral bath came in handy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I schedule the trip for my Mother and I. This was our first visit to Central America. We got everything we wanted in this getaway and much more.

If you enjoy personalized attention this could be a great vacation destination for you. If you enjoy going to unique environment then this could be a travel spot for you. If you are willing to keep an open mind and ready to make relaxing your goal this would be a wonderful place for you to visit. My only problem was I did not want to leave.

Small group tours with expert guides huge thanks to Amelacar and Delwin. The Mayan ruins and cave tubing were an awesome experience. Beautiful nature abounds in every direction. I enjoyed learning so much about the local animals and flora and fauna in their natural habitat.

Wonderful spa service was also provided. The ingredients were all fresh and natural. Being able to identify product by smell was a nice surprise. Thank you Elizabeth for the relaxing facial and mud massage.

The last area of importance during our stay was food. This is the only restaurant on site and only one in the area. The good thing is we had a lot of variety. This is not a fast food place, but is a nice sit down fusion restaurant. You are given large portions with very tasty and unique flavor.
The waitstaff is remarkable at providing excellent service. Gloria always remembered my cream in my coffee and how much at breakfast. We both looked forward to seeing Janelle at the dinner hour. She was always happy to answer any questions and her smile was contagious. She provided warm and impeccable service daily during our stay.

All of the positive comments are in direct association to the Proprietors of Maruba, Nicki and Melanie. So much work must go into a resort in the middle of a jungle. Maintaining the lovely clean landscaped grounds. Providing adequate quantities of fresh food daily. Keeping guest request and itinerary's in check. Managing a staff of employees and being positive support to employees and their families. I know it involves so much more. You both make it look easy.

Melanie especiall Thank You for the wonderful memories. I feel like I have made a new friend. You are an amazing warm person. Thanks Maruba for new point of view and amazing stay in the jungle. Hopefully God will provide me the ability to return in the future.

A few hits of advise. Bring a waterproof camera for cave tube pictures. Pack some good bug spray. Expect and embrace something different. Bring something to keep you occupied at night. The beds were good, but our room beds were harder than mattress at home.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CzechingOut
Paradise, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The wife (Hot Mama Rita Joy) and I decided to stay an extra two days in Belize after dropping our traveling buddies at the airport in Ladyville, and I am sure glad we picked Maruba Jungle Lodge and Spa for the nights of August 3rd and 4th. We took our time getting there, stopping at Altun Ha for a personal tour from local guide, Wilfred. Once at Maruba, Melanie showed us to our spacious suite (#14) which had a separate room for the jacuzzi and a great air conditioner. I hadn't scheduled anything but the room in advance, yet Melanie set up our Couples Mood Mud Massage with the on-site spa right away for 5pm that day. That gave us just enough time to try out the fountain pool next to our room. It almost felt like our own private piece of paradise! We were able to sample a few margaritas and pina coladas before we slipped into our robes and stopped by the gift shop for prizes before being grabbed by a pair of local African Belizean women for our massage. I just love women with strong hands. They melted all of the day's concerns away and the previous week's sore muscles from hiking and climbing and spelunking all over Belize and Guatemala! They applied a base layer of reddish orange mud to each of our bodies, then decorated us with tribal accents of white and black. Big Fun. Be sure to take your camera. The meals were great. Belizean taco appetizer was so yummy. My steak was the best I had in the country. The in room jacuzzi was oversized for two, so we relaxed even more. They scheduled us for a Lamanai jungle boat tour the next day and recommended we stop by the baboon sanctuary on our final morning on the way out of the country. Both were amazing! Glad we topped off our Belize trip with a really romantic stay at the Maruba Jungle Resort and Spa!!

Room Tip: Room #14 would be hard to beat!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spike_Stanford
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My sister and I bought a groupon voucher for Maruba, and it was an amazing trip. The hotel grounds are gorgeous and right in the middle of the jungle. There are lovely hibiscus flowers everywhere, and the accommodations are fantastic. My sister and I stayed in a standard room with two twin beds, and the room was beautifully decorated with local art and artifacts. The staff was wonderful - everyone gave us helpful advice for tours and excursions, and also were happy to educate us on the area and history of Belize. The owners, Nick and Melanie, were so friendly. They helped us coordinate our transfer to Ambergris Caye and even called our hotel on Ambergris to ensure that we would be picked up from the ferry dock when we got there. Amazing service!

The food was delicious. On several nights, my sister and I ordered one three-course meal and split each course between the two of us since the portions are large. It was always enough food for the both of us. We took a sunset tour to the Altun Ha Mayan ruins, and we were practically the only people in the area (with our guide from Maruba). Excellent advice from Maruba to suggest a Sunday sunset tour - very private and much more relaxing! We also took a cave tubing tour, which was the most fun we had all trip!! I highly suggest everyone do this. When we got back from the tours, we lounged by the pool, and many times we had the pool area to ourselves - even better! We each got a massage from the spa, and they were so glorious my sister went back the next day for another one!

One piece of advice - if you go in February/March, bring some warm clothing. We thought it was going to be hot and humid in the jungle at all times, but there was a nice breeze and it really cooled down at night, so we had to sleep in cargo pants because we hadn't brought any warm clothing (mostly shorts and t-shirts). I wish I had brought some sweatpants and a sweatshirt for night. Our fault... just be prepared.

I can't wait to go back to Maruba next time I can find some time to return to Belize!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LM10101
Greenacres, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I decided to take our 3 children age 9, 14, 17, and my brother on a family vacation to Belize. We looked around to see what was there. We choose Maruba Jungle Spa because it was out in the jungle. My kids were adventureous and wanted to explore. It was a good way to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of city life,emails and electronics. We let the kids know that there was no internet, tv, radio or any other outside communication with the world except in the restaurant area. This would mean they have to talk to us and anyone else.

We arrived to Belize Airport on Saturday, July 13. We were greeted by one of the resort driver's and loaded up the family luggage into their van and made the 45 1/2 mile journey to the resort. Remember, it is out in the jungle so do not expect highway roads and fast lanes.

Once we arrived at the resort, we were greeted by the friendly staff. They took all our luggage to our bungalow's. My brother had a separate one and the our family stayed in another. We got checked in and we were on our way.

The resort is very beautiful. It is very exotic. Everything is open and spacious. The coconut trees lined the walked ways. We arrived at our bungalow and what a surprise! It was 2 stories and it was decorated in mosiacs and Belize decor. I was told the Mennonites had their hand in it. It was beautiful. Again, this is not Ritz Carlton because the ambience took on that of the jungle. It was so relaxing and we settled in.

Maruba Jungle Spa offers many excursions such as cave tubing, trips to Mayan ruins, zip lining, snorkeling, fishing, spa treatments (you must try), it was amazing!. They have a hot springs pools. Even though we had to drive a ways for the excursions, it was worth it.

What can we about the food! They had a variety each night. Everything is fresh and delicious! They even had chicken fingers for my daughter. Each night, the owner Nicky, would have something different on the menu to choose from. Let me tell you with the combination of appetizer's, the main course and all the rum punches you go away full and pleased. Janeel, our waitress, was so pleasant and very helpful. Melanie, Nicky's wife, who helps run the resort, made us feel like family. My youngest daughter played with their 2 boys Sterling and Merrickston. She had so much fun.

I could go on and on. We went to San Pedro for a day. A must see! You have to go to this place. If is totally different than any resort. It is a vacation to remember. Bring your bug spray. It is truly beautiful and the nature is incredible. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RELAXING TIME!. Nicky is quite a jokester. His mother, Anne, is so pleasant she reminded me of my mom. Have fun and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank patriotlou1
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This has been one of my favorite trips ever! The resort is small and beautiful in the middle of the jungle. The room was clean and the AC worked great after days out in the humid air. The service was great, the food was delicious and the excursions were worth the money!

If you go there, just know you are away from everything. No other places to eat and it is a small resort literally with nothing around it, it was a peaceful getaway, not anything big and fancy, just a fun place to experince another world! You just have to know its a small resort an hour from everything.

We LOVED our time there!

Room Tip: Juevos rancheros for breakfast and lobster tail for dinner were great! Reasonably priced food! The A...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maskall
Black Orchid Resort
#1 of 54 in San Pedro
Blue Tang Inn
Blue Tang Inn
#1 of 21 in San Pedro

Been to Maruba Resort Jungle Spa? Share your experiences!