My husband and I traveled to Belize in December 2012. Maruba was our first stop and we loved every moment. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating. The rum punch is awesome! The pools are lovely. We stayed in a signature suite (worth the extra money) and it was absolutely beautiful. I was worried about insects, but there were practically none while we were there. Our room was screened, there was A/C and they lit incense every evening to keep the bugs away. We took the riverboat tour to Lamanai and it was the highlight of our entire holiday. The aromatherapy massage with Kimberly was glorious! The mood mud massage was not our cup of tea...it was cold and uncomfortable. The food was delicious but you need to budget for high cost meals. (I found it this way at every resort in Belize). We loved breakfast in the treehouse! The resort is small, so you get to know many of the other patrons (especially if you do the tours). This resort is not for people who want to go clubbing or stay up all night partying. We had a wonderful time there and when our 3 days were up, we wished we had booked 6 instead. Would recommend this place to anyone who can be away from technology and soak up the culture for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall