I visited Maruba as one of ten people on the second half of an "adventure" package. The grounds are lovely but it's rather far from anything else so once you're there you're there to stay. Lunch was expensive for mediocre food. All four people at my table received cold food almost an hour after we ordered and we would have mentioned it to our server but she was MIA for most of the meal. She, the owner, and the other staff members all treated us as a nuisance and not as customers. No one in our tour group was happy with the visit, but we were stuck there for hours.
Most of the activities listed on the website that are normally offered were not available, and they weren't going to allow us use of the pool until our confused tour guides spoke with the owner. Whatever miscommunication happened between Maruba "resort" and Seaduced Watercraft Adventures should not have been reflected in their treatment towards our small tour group, all of whom were customers of their restaurant and paid quite a bit of money for cold, small meals and neglectful service.
Maruba received a travelers choice award from tripadvisor. Baffling! Now I know not to regard them with much credence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare yourself for the ultimate experience in adventure & relaxation at Maruba Resort Jungle Spa, Belize. A short two-hour flight from Houston or Miami transports you to a place where you can fully immerse yourself in nature and truly relax. Maruba offers a great vacation escape in casual elegance.Voted the Best Boutique Spa by Spa Finder Readers’ Choice Award, and One of the Top 10 Spas in the Caribbean & Central Americas by Maco Destination Caribbean & Central America Magazine, the resort’s neo-primitive style with a touch of jungle urban flair makes it an eclectic and hip place to stay while indulging in everything a modern spa has to offer. Its restaurant boasts a nouveau jungle cuisine, best described as a fusion of “east of Paris meets the Caribbean”. Your room will be one-of-a-kind and features rich hues and textures, vaulted hardwood ceilings, mosaic tile floors, exotic fabric and beautiful carving made by local artisians. Signature bungalows offer 900 square feet of private space with an indoor lounge room, indulgent hot tubs, and incredible jungle views.Maruba is one of the first spas in Central America and offers a variety of exotic treatments which revitalize, detoxify, and reestablish the skin’s natural pH balance while leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. A must-try treatment is Maruba’s Mood Mud Massage – take your camera along for pictures! For those seeking adventure, several day tours available, such as exploring Maya Ruins, the rainforest and caves ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maruba Resort Jungle Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maruba Resort Jungle Hotel Maskall
- Maruba Hotel Jungle
- Maruba Resort Jungle Spa Belize/Maskall