Belize Boutique Resort & Spa
Cayo Espanto(San Pedro)
$1,895
  • Breakfast included
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
Seaside Cabanas(Caye Caulker)
  • Breakfast included
Colinda Cabanas(Caye Caulker)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrum punchhorseback ridingcave tubinghibiscus flowersmayan ruinsbug sprayday tripoff the beaten pathunique experienceour honeymoonhidden treasurealtun hacouples massagethrough customssan pedrogrounds are beautifulevery meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This "resort" left a lot to be desired. So IF you want to see a Mayan pyramid, camp here for the night- otherwise be prepared for an isolated stay in the middle of nowhere. Rooms were ok, porcelain toilets, and running water with air conditioning provided minimum comfort levels, but the restaurant menu didn't pull it's own weight. And remember, in the middle of nowhere there is no competition. Little variety, an over priced.

Excursions offered the only escape from sitting around the pool or reading a book in the lounge. We paid $90 USD for one person to tube down a river, ouch! Ziplining was fun and a good price though. Horseback riding was dull, and I wondered about the horses care...

Staff were fifty fifty. Most of them were great, but one host was creepy. Masseuses are well trained and proficient professionals.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Kevstrr
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The location is north in Belize about 1+ hours from the airport. The airport is in Belize city.
The resort is very nicely kept. The accomodations are very eclectic and artistic but tasteful. There are 2 small pools + mineral bath. The spa is really nice especially the mud massage...I enjoyed it...very rejuvenating and relaxing...also great picture opportunity. The tours offered were very professional.
The owners had kids and were very understanding...we brought our 10mo old baby and very happy that they were understanding and recommended a babysitter for our spa treatment. We interviewed Gloria to help us babysit and she is a gem! Fantastic with small babies.
Owners took the time to make effort to make it an enjoyable and memorable stay. They made arrangements for us to take a quick trip into the city before our flight. Great staff! My family enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank chanity
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is not a review of the facility yet, I have not even made it there. My complaint is that it took six days of calling multiple times a day, leaving three voicemails, and two customer service complaints to Groupon to be able to even get anyone to book my stay which led to me delaying booking my flight, which led to a $75 increase in ticket costs. The point of this is it is supposed to be a bargain and I am leery before I even travel...they finally answered the phone on the last day the deal was good for. Hope the service at the actual resort is more efficient

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank rstreater
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I can't say enough about this place. I went with a good friend, and we stayed for four nights. We didn't know exactly what to expect - we checked out photos of the place, but it was pretty much a blind leap of faith that we would like it and have fun. We weren't disappointed. Maruba is remote, off the beaten path, and gorgeous. It sits on a HUGE property, and it's remarkably self-sufficient: they grow a lot of their own veggies and fruit, they bake their own bread, purify their own water, make their own soap, etc. The food was delicious, made fresh, and the drinks were strong (try the rum punch and don't leave without trying viper venom.) All our day trips were amazing, and all details were taken care of by the staff - transport, meals, etc. My spa treatment was relaxing - a body scrub rubdown and massage, followed by mud and hibiscus leaves and a warm rinse-off. Yes, it was hot and humid, and yes, there are plenty of bugs. It's Belize, after all, and we went at the end of August. But everything within Maruba's realm was top-notch. Melanie and Nicky make you feel like one of the family, and you'll leave wishing you had more time there. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Evelyn222
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I cannot wait to go back. The rooms the service and the food was the best. Loved the atmosphere and just loved the open restaurant area. Thanks for a great stay in Belize. I loved the whole feel of being in the jungle at a resort.

• Stayed: August 2012