“We Came Back!”
Review of Dave's Eco Tours Day Tours - CLOSED

Dave's Eco Tours Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Dave’s Eco Tours has operated in Belize for over 15 years. We specialize in tours originating in Belize City or Maskall including private tours for cruise passengers. Our tour offerings include day trips to Lamanai, Belize City, Altun Ha, Xunantunich, Cahal Pech, and the Community Baboon Sanctuary. We also offer diving adventures to Caye Caulker and Cave Tubing. We strive to protect the environment in order to preserve Belize’s natural beauty, while letting our visitors have fun seeing Belize and learning about the many different cultures that make up our wonderful country.Let us help you design a perfect day get-a-way from our comfortable vehicles to the relaxed pace to great meals and delicious drinks. Your comfort is our only desire.
Reviewed December 22, 2012

A year later and we contacted Dave to set up a day tour during our stop with the Norwegian Star. Dave met us just outside "Touristville" and we walked to a nice little bakery across from the Radisson Hotel. There we had some great coffee and pastries and planned our day.

Our goal was to visit areas in Belize we hadn't seen, eat Belizean comfort food and shop away from the thundering herd of cruise passengers. Dave had the perfect tour in mind. He headed west for Belmopan, the capital. There we took a short tour of the American and Mexican embassy and stopped at the town market.

From a little cinderblock kitchen, sitting on a picnic table came the most remarkable food. Red beans and rice with chicken livers in brown gravy, cole slaw and fresh juice. Absolutely wonderful.

From Belmopan we headed west toward Guatemala and the Mayan ruins of Xunantunich. Totally void of tourists, this site contains six plazas surrounded by more than 26 temples and palaces including the second tallest structure in Belize.

Being part Mayan, David was extremely interesting and knowledgeable in Mayan culture.

Always the gracious host, he stocked our vehicle with sodas, Belikan beer and his own Rum Punch treat. It made for a very comfortable and talkative trip.

I agree with other reviewers. Touring with David is like driving around the country with a good friend. If you don't want a "pick a number" tour, I suggest you contact David. You won't pay any more and the day will be something to remember.

1  Thank Noodlebrain
There are newer reviews for Dave's Eco Tours Day Tours

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We met Dave on our last trip in April. He was so wonderful we HAD to return. We came for our 20th wedding anniversary and let David take care of the plans for our excursions. It was spot on, He arranged for the perfect amount of "busy". We learned so much about the Belizean culture. He so loves his heritage and country. We ate at the best local establishments. There was not a thing he missed. If we made a comment off the cuff about something we wanted he produced it, We wanted to see a Toucan before we left..he came to the room and got us up to see it, We did not miss one thing. I cant recommend anyone anywhere that would have taken the time to really make our trip memorable and perfect. Thank you David for your hospitality. We will certainly be back again. If you don't choose Dave's Eco Tours you will miss out on the passion and knowledge to really make your trip unforgettable.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

David Chan was the most gracious, warm, knowledgable and wonderful tour guide! I would highly reccomend Dave's Eco Tours to anyone that is a 1st time or repeat Belize visitor. We felt safe, secure, and enjoyed the tour worry free.
Thank you David for the experieince of a lifetime!!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I'm a person who doesn't need a crowd in order to have fun, so when it was just Dave, his son and myself I was very pleased (not that it was planned that way). Since I was in Belize to relax, going on tours wasn't really my cup of tea since I like to explore on my own...but the main reason is who likes people talking at you. I signed up for the Altun Ha and Belize City tours. It didn't feel like I was on a tour at all..it felt more like tthree folks having a casual conversation. Dave was very knowledgeable about the past and present culture of the Mayan people and Belize itself...I have to admit I actually learned some things!

Thank you for making my tour, first and foremost so enjoyable and comfortable, but also for making me want to know more! I'll be back! Say hello to the kids for me!

1  Thank WannaBTrvlr
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We did four days of tours with Dave - Lamanai, Cave Tubing, Belize City and he arranged for our ATM Cave tour. We miss Dave after spending 4 days with him! We really wanted to avoid crowds and Dave was great at getting us to the places at the perfect time! We were staying on the mainland but I think using him for a ship excursion would be great - he knows how to get around quickly and get you to the best spots! He brought us to a great restaurant in town for some local food, he gave us tips on how to make our experiences the best ever as we went through our tours, he took good pictures for us and he had some neat ideas where to stop on our drives...truly a professional, you can't go wrong with Dave.