Glynn House Inn
Comfort Inn(Ashland)
$81
Hotels.com
White Oak Motel & Cottages(Holderness)(Great Value!)
$109
$72
$69
Travelocity
Agoda.com
All reviewsnew hampshireadams suiteother guestscarriage housebreakfast was deliciouslakes regionthe main housebed and breakfastthe stuffed french toastwine and cheesecoolidge roomgas fireplacefour poster bedsix burner bistrosquam lakeprivate entrancenext morning
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Lovely town, lovely area, lovely house, tasty breakfast, and great advice on things to do. We were pleased we stayed there! They even upgraded us to a nicer room for some unknown reason. We'd definitely be happy to make a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
USAinnkeeper, Owner at Glynn House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thanks so much to the travelers from San Francisco who took the time to share their experience at the Inn with other visitors. The Inn was built circa 1895. It’s been beautifully restored and elegantly furnished. Our breakfasts include over 12 entrée choices. We thoroughly enjoy helping visitors make the most of their visit.

The romantic Glynn House Inn – situated in the heart of New Hampshire’s spectacular lakes and mountains – offers guests an exceptional experience. A full gluten free breakfast menu is always available. Bring your favorite four-footed canine pal on holiday too and reserve one of five pet friendly rooms. Venture away from the Inn and antiquing, art galleries, boating, fine dining, fishing, golf, hiking, historic sites, ‘tax free’ shopping and scenic drives along tranquil country roads. Visit the Glynn House website for additional information about the Inn and local activities.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Me and a friend were looking for a place to stay while visiting the many beauties of NH, and one that will not create a whole in our wallet...
We were there from 8/2/13 close to midnight to 8/4/13. My friend has booked a room for 199; on our arrival after a loooong drive on heavy traffic from NY, we arrived close to midnight. We had received an email with instruction were to find our key to our room, and everything was as describe and easy to follow. And to our surprise we had being upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi (woo hoo!!).. the rooms are lovely, nice charming decor.
following morning, we wake up early for our adventure; went down for brakefast. We were greeting by glynn one of the owners, who also serve brakefast and gave us great advice about how to plan our day as well as providing map of the road / attarction and facilitated the entrance tickets to "the flume" saving us some time in line. And while we had brakefast our room was cleaned.
At the end of the day (around 9pm) we had brought wine to drink, but forgot the opener, so decided to go down to see if we find one, we run into one of the owner, who pointed us where it was and offered wine glasses :)
next morning went the same, and we check out around 10am, after glynn recommended a near beach..
The inn also has movie (available up to 7pm) seems to have a ice selection, but our day were too tired so we did not use this. Also wi fi (which work like a charm), a gorgeous porch for coffee in the early morning (with what my friend was very pleased)
the inn is VERY well located in asland.. 20 min from lincoln where you can find access to many of the waterfalls and hike trails as well as the start of the kancamagus hwy. And is 30ish min from "the lakes region" where you can find great "beach" to relax and SWIM!! as well as nice restaurants and pubs..
Overall a place that was great to have as a headquarters for our adventures, with great customer service, a reasonable price.. One that for sure will see us again in summer and falls season..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

We’re so pleased our visitors took time to tell other travelers about their stay at the Inn. They discovered Ashland Beach, which is situated adjacent to a beautiful covered bridge and only two minutes drive from the Inn. We also have beach towels and chairs available for guests. Our movie library now includes over 350 selections – some guests even attempt viewing a triple feature – few succeed. We now all our guests want to have the option of staying connected. We have new "N" routers, which easily connect with antennas in tablets and smart phones.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation to stay in the Rooselvelt Suite with my boyfriend and dog a month in advance. I was told the total was $289.00 I asked if that included the pet fee. I was told yes that the total would be $289.00. Fast forward 2 days and I notice a charge on my account for $350.00. I thought it was odd so I called the inn. A woman answered and I respectfully asked about the discrepancy. She told me it was tax and the pet fee. I said that when I booked the room the woman said the total would be $289.00 imcluding my pet. She asked if we had sales tax in CT (where I reside) in a tone suggesting I was rather incompetent. I said that we definitely do have tax in CT and that I would like to cancel my reservation. At that time she said that there would be a cancellation fee. I said I don't think so and that I would contact my bank if she did not refund my money. I never agreed to pay almost $350 dollars for ONE night in a room. She told me I should have used some [--] commen sense before booking. At that I hung up and phoned my bank. I can't believe the service of this inn. I really thought it looked beautiful but it's not worth being cussed out and charged more than you were told originally. I book rooms all the time with many activities and add-ons and have never been charged more than I was told. They also don't tell you upon booking what their cancellation fee is nor is it listed on their website. I would be very careful about booking here or better yet, spend your money on a better place like the Wilderness Inn or Bishop Farm. :)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Dinkdink10
USAinnkeeper, Owner at Glynn House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Everyone involved with the Glynn House is always disappointed when a visitor or prospective visitor perceives they’ve not had a satisfactory experience. This review is particularly concerning because it does not correctly describe our website or the phone conversation between the reviewer and the Glynn House innkeeper she spoke with.

Specifically, our website specifically states that NH Rooms & Meals Tax (9%) is excluded from quoted rates. Our practice doesn’t differ from any other hospitality property in the United States. Our website also clearly shows pet fees - $25 per stay for one dog and $35 dollars per stay for two. Our cancellation fees are documented on our website in several different locations on our website. They’re also detailed in confirmation letters, which are sent to each guest. When guests indicate in any way that they might need to change or cancel a reservation, we always tell them about our cancellation policy.

The phone conversation with our innkeeper – overhead by two other individuals – was not respectful or appropriate. The caller laced every sentence with profanity. We appreciate that anyone can become frustrated when they’ve misunderstood policies or practices, but an onslaught of abuse directed at the individual who’s trying to clarify the situation is very unhelpful.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This B&B is well-furnished; the breakfasts are delicious; the owners are knowledgeable about the area; amenities were perfect . Traveling solo, I felt a little funny about staying at a B&B, as most think of B&Bs for romantic getaways. The Glynn House in proved perfect for couples, families, and solo travelers! Pam, Glenn, and Ingrid put me right at ease. I knew where I could find them if needed, but I knew I was left to do my own thing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
USAinnkeeper, Owner at Glynn House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

The Glynn House hosts many solo travelers. Their interests aren’t different than those of couples visiting the area. We do are very best to make our solo guests comfortable and are delighted the lady who wrote this review enjoyed her stay. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your impressions with other travelers!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We only stayed one night but, will definitely extend the stay next time. We were in the Roosevelt Room and it was impeccable! Glenn was welcoming and knowledgeable and helped us find the lobster dinner we were craving. In the morning, the gourmet breakfast had us well prepared for the second half of our journey. We loved this place and will be back!
Cheryl & Derek C.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Glynn House guests can choose from at least 12 good restaurants – quite a generous selection as the Inn is situated in a semi rural area. Cheryl and Derek stayed at the Inn, so they’d have easy access to Meadowbrook – 20 minutes distance – where they were attending a concert. Concerts are held throughout the summer at Meadowbrook and year around at the Flying Monkey Performing Arts Center – less than 10 minutes away. Thanks so much for taking the time to tell other travelers about your stay.