“Excellent food and service”
Review of Common Man

Common Man
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed overnight in Ashland by chance and this restaurant was recommended to us. We are so happy it was!
It was an interesting building and decor and the menu had so many choices. Our server - Nicole - was very attentive and a great help in meal choices.
We split the butternut squash raviolis with bacon and cranberries and wished there were more. The men in our group all had prime rib which they devoured! I had the portobello mushroom stuffed with tabouli, cranberries braised greens and a side of basmati rice. My friend had a cucumber and tomato salad that was huge! All of our meals came with a side salad (except the salad meal!), and there were cheese spreads and crackers up front to nibble on. Nicole served us white chocolate after dinner and I split a creme brûlée with my husband and another person had the toll house cookie pie - both excellent.
With 3 people drinking wine (4 glasses total?), and 5 meals the bill came to $152. We thought that was an excellent evening for that price!
When we're in that area again, we'll look for a Common Man restaurant!

Higganum, Connecticut
“Great Food and great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went on the recommendation of a friend and actually texted him during dinner to thank him. We split the mussel appetizer which was ample and outstanding. The broth was complex and ate like a soup. My wife had the plymouth pie, a seafood casserole which she said was excellent. I had the surf and turf which consisted of a decent size steak and a fantastic crab cake. We each had a specialty margarita. There was absolutely no room for dessert. We went back two nights later with another couple.This time both my wife andI had the braised short ribs. The servings were so ample we took some home and I incorporated them into a home made pasta sauce..
The service was very good and the atmosphere comfortable.
We will be recommending it to friends and coming back again when we are back in the area.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Lunch & more”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Having spent over 32 years on Squam Lake-we never had an opportunity to have a meal at the original Common Man! Retirement has allowed us to enjoy all the pleasures and lunch was one of them. It was an extremely warm and humid day and time for some cool air conditioning and home cooked food. I had an appetizer of butternut ravioli - perfect choice- my dinning campion had the chowder and special sandwich-pastrami rueben what a treat! Service was excellent -and as always signature cheese and crackers available for the taking! Never disappointed with a Common Man restaurant from North to South or East to West! Will continue to try all of them!

1 Thank KJ4757
Merritt Island
“Very Good Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We dined at the Common Man on July 3rd, 2014. My wife, two kids, in-laws & myself had a reservation. We started with the lobster sliders, steamed mussels and lobster wontons for appetizers. All were done very well. For dinners we had kids hamburgers, lobster mac n cheese, steamed tofu and captains platters. Everyone was happy with their choices. Smuttynose draft beer to boot. The waitress was really good and the place just has a great atmosphere. We stay at a cabin on Cotton Cove in Holderness and used to dine elsewhere but since finding the Common Man last year, we go nowhere else. We like it.

San Francisco, California
“Love this restaurant!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm from SF which has some of the best restaurants in the world, and the Common Man would hold its own among them. When I'm at home, I dream about the bread pudding, and it's one of the first places I head for when I get here!
The spa in Plymouth is great, too!

Visited July 2014