“Lunch & more”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Having spent over 32 years on Squam Lake-we never had an opportunity to have a meal at the original Common Man! Retirement has allowed us to enjoy all the pleasures and lunch was one of them. It was an extremely warm and humid day and time for some cool air conditioning and home cooked food. I had an appetizer of butternut ravioli - perfect choice- my dinning campion had the chowder and special sandwich-pastrami rueben what a treat! Service was excellent -and as always signature cheese and crackers available for the taking! Never disappointed with a Common Man restaurant from North to South or East to West! Will continue to try all of them!

1  Thank KJ4757
There are newer reviews for Common Man

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We dined at the Common Man on July 3rd, 2014. My wife, two kids, in-laws & myself had a reservation. We started with the lobster sliders, steamed mussels and lobster wontons for appetizers. All were done very well. For dinners we had kids hamburgers, lobster mac n cheese, steamed tofu and captains platters. Everyone was happy with their choices. Smuttynose draft beer to boot. The waitress was really good and the place just has a great atmosphere. We stay at a cabin on Cotton Cove in Holderness and used to dine elsewhere but since finding the Common Man last year, we go nowhere else. We like it.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm from SF which has some of the best restaurants in the world, and the Common Man would hold its own among them. When I'm at home, I dream about the bread pudding, and it's one of the first places I head for when I get here!
The spa in Plymouth is great, too!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Group of eight. Sat us right away and service was perfect. Restaurant is nice, upstairs bar is a comfy fun setting. We ate downstairs first then went up to the bar after. My only complaint is the food is awful! Both my wife and I got the braised short ribs. Honestly I think A frozen rib microwave dinner would have been better. It was inedible... Because we were with a group we didn't send them back and didn't say anything. At the end of the meal, The general consensus from everyone at our table was the food was not good. We have tried this restaurant several times because that's where a group of friends are going, but I think this will be the last time...

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ashland NH is not an area I would say has many good dining choices and this may be the best. It is the original Common Man in what is now a small chain. Very nice ambience, upstairs and downstairs, with a bit of a rustic feel. Sat upstairs near the bar while watching a World Cup game. Decent menu choices and what me, my gf and her son got were pretty good. Food choices are what you might expect in a place like this with some surprises. I had the meatloaf which was tasty, gf had the steak pizza flatbread, gluten free and it was very good, even though gluten free. Her son got buffalo chicken fingers and he devoured them down. Service was excellent- in fact waitress on yay to table dropped half the pizza and replaced it with a whole one, letting us keep the half that hadn't fallen.
Would recommend if in The area to try this place as you most likely would not be disappointed.