“Worth the side trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Common Man

Common Man
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Annandale, Virginia
“Worth the side trip”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Unless you're going thru Ashland, you won't come across it but this is a great restaurant with really nice atmosphere. It's easy to find. Just take the Ashland exit off RT 93. Good variety in the menu and they do a good job on everything. And the price is fine.

1 Thank jstyer

Vermont
“One of our favorite restaurants”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Going to the Common Man is such a treat. We live a distance away but we are never disappointed when we visit. Menu is consistently good with a great variety of comfort food or pub fare. Atmosphere is fantastic with friendly, down to earth staff. We always eat in the tavern upstairs. The last time we were with family and everyone enjoyed their meals, which come with salad and bread--salmon, Portsmouth pie, bison meatloaf and pizza. Each meal was super! The tavern is a bit more low key but with the same great service and menu offerings as the restaurant.

Burlington, Vermont
“Lives up to it's great reputation!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have heard of Common Man but this was the first time I got to experience it. The food was extraordinary and I loved the antique ambiance of the building. Our waitress was a hoot--so funny and so helpful! I liked the down-to-earth, unpretentious atmosphere coupled with food beautifully and deliciously prepared.

Gorham, Maine
“Great welcoming spot for lunch or dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband & I stopped by for lunch during a blizzard recently. We were welcomed in by the hostess, who told us about the complimentary cheese spreads & crackers, and the waitress suggested the hot apple cider. This was our first visit. The cheese spreads w/2 kinds of crackers were perfect. The cider was delicious, served w/orange wedge, cinnamon stick, and the glass was rimmed w/cinnamon. Then my husband enjoyed an open-faced prime rib sandwich with caramelized onions, mushrooms, and cheddar on a garlic baguette. This was accompanied by homemade chips and pickled carrots. Because of certain allergies, he could not eat the chips so they gave him a big, fresh garden salad. I ate a wonderful tomato-basil soup w/slice of quiche, containing bacon, onions, & cheese. The soup was great, the quiche could have been better if salt had been added. For dessert, my husband ate a slice of bourbon pecan pie with whipped cream. I chose a lovely apple tart w/vanilla ice cream. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was great, and the food was good, my primary complaint being that many items were fairly bland due to a lack of seasoning. We recommend this welcoming restaurant and would return when in the area.

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“A great stop while visiting your child at PSU”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I recently ate here while visiting our daughter at Plymouth State. The food was suberb, had "almost escargot", and mussels, for apps, and then hubby and I had sandwiches. Our waiter,Donal, however, made our meal the best in a long time. He was attentive, knowledgeable about all our food inquiries, adorable, and funny. We plan to return soon.

• Visited February 2014