“Excellent breakfast”

Dot 's Bread 'n Butter
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Really tasty southern eggs benedict, great service and at a good price. My partner also enjoyed an equally tasty breakfast sandwich. Would definitely call again if we're in the area again.

Pittsburgh
“Customers Beware”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

While my regular breakfast place was about five minutes away, I thought I would give this place a try. Big mistake. I had a disappointing experience.

I ordered their basic breakfast. The description was two eggs, potatoes, toast. Add a side of ham, sausage and bacon. The price was listed as $3.99. I also had a cup of coffee. When I finished my meal, I put a $20 bill on the counter. The waitress took the money and gave me back $0.35. When I told her I gave her a 20, she said "oh" and ran back to the register. I rang in a $10 bill she said and gave me back $10.

I then asked how does a $3.99 meal and coffee come to almost $10. She showed me the printed bill which said the ham was $2.50 extra. I showed her on the menu that the ham was part of the description. She said it was extra. I told her the menu was deceptive as other restaurants show the extra charge if you order breakfast meat. She turned away from me and walked to the back of the restaurant. I left in frustration.

I do not believe she was purposefully trying to cheat me by not giving back the right change. She was probably new. For example, when she served my coffee, she did not provide any sugar or milk.

I blame the owner for having a menu that does not have clear pricing.

While the quality of food was good, I would not return. I do not want to wonder if I am being overcharged or if the waitress is not giving me the correct change.

For a great breakfast go to Annie's Overflow on the Plymouth/Holderness line about five minutes away.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chinanomad
DotsBread, Manager at Dot 's Bread 'n Butter, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We're very sorry to hear about your experience with us at Dot's. We assure you no one was trying to take advantage, and we have recently made changes to our menu to fix this issue. Please give us another try!
new hampshire
“Fresh lunch choice”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our party of 3 have a wonderful lunch . The BLT sandwich had smokehouse bacon on sourdough bread, it was delicious. The turkey, avocado, bacon sandwich was very tasty and filling. The chicken tenders with fries were great with honey mustard on the side. The fries were a "10". The decor of the restaurant is very cute and homey. The location is right of I-93, on Main St. Definitely will go back again.

• Visited March 2014
Gorham, Maine
“Good price for good food”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

As we were leaving the area, we looked for a homey breakfast spot and found this one. My 3 pancakes were light, fluffy, served w/real maple syrup & butter while my husband ate an English muffin with delicious sausage patty and drank good, piping hot coffee. He is particular about his coffee and found this to be to his liking. The waitress was pleasant, the restaurant charming, and the food was good. We'd return when back in Ashland.

• Visited February 2014
NH
“Open for Dinner”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have eaten breakfast and lunch a number of times since they opened. Everything was good, except that the hollandaise sauce for the eggs benedict was NOT homemade.
Recently, they have opened for Dinner on Thurs,Fri and Sat. night. We decided to give it a try.
Dot's Bread n Butter is a very warm and comfortable establishment. The staff is very friendly. The chef was very inviting. I had the 12oz Rib eye steak and my wife had the homemade meatloaf. My wife thought the meatloaf was as good as any she has had out. My steak was perfectly cook and obviously a quality piece of meat. It was a little pricey at $24, but still worth it. Overall we were very pleased withe the food and service. Give it a try.

• Visited January 2014