“i love it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland
waukesha, wisconsin
“i love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

ive been going here since i was like 3. we started out as weekenders, and progressed to a park model. everyone is friendly, and were all like family. its a good time, guaranteed.

• Liked — its a very friendly place
  • Disliked — the alcoholic level.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

I agree 100% with the other review.THIS IS NOT CAMPING! I stayed here when I was about 15 and had such great memories of the place.I couldn't wait to bring my family I'm 29 now.What a let down! This is not very family friendly.The majority of people were walking around with beer in their hands starting at about 10:30 in the morning! It was so crowded no shade no privacy.What we paid for three nights you can stay just about anywhere else for a week! You had to pay extra for mini golf(what a run down course) extra for peddle carts and for their canoes.The beach is such a steep slope you can't use it.The profanity was terrible grown men swearing like they were at a bar...nasty.I will never go back here and I will not recomend this to anyone.

• Liked — Got to get away
  • Disliked — loud,crowded,profanity,no trees/shade.no privacy.$$$$$$
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank desireme98

Travelers are raving about these Ashland hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2005

As a child in I would vist Jellystone park in the early 80's. I had my first kiss at the pool, I was only 6. :) I had so many good times they. So I'm married (I'am 24 years old) with children and wanted to show my family the joy of Jellystone. Saved and bought a pop up (like we had as a child) and went June of 04. It was like a wonderful flash back, all the nights just swimning in the lake, bon fires with smores and watching yogi cartoons ever night! We did all the things I use 2 do as a child. My family loved it and they cant wait till late June early July. Watch out Jellystone Here come the Lightcaps!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashua, NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2004

This place should not be called a campground, it's more like living in condominiums. Our lot was the smallest lot I've ever seen in all my years of camping. The other people in the other lots were within 10 feet of us. We paid extra to be on the water, and when we got there, we see they've put up a fence to "avoid erosion" of the river bank. I can understand they are trying to preserve the place, but they could have told us that before we paid the extra money. On top of that, the place is so un-"natural" we actually had to buy the sticks for marshmallow roasting from their convenience store, because there was no sticks lying on the ground. It was like being in a really small city back yard, without fences to give you privacy from your neighbours.

To me, going camping is getting out in nature, enjoying the trees, the birds, the peace and quiet. This place was just like a very, very crowded downtown area, with traffic, noise, and absolutely no space to even turn around in. Let's just say that after paying a whopping $200 for 3 nights' stay, we left after the first night, even though we knew they had a no money back policy. It wasn't worth the money to stay in those conditions.

About the only good thing I can say is that the staff was friendly and the bathrooms were clean. Never again am I going to another Jellystone park.

19 Thank 56elisabetb
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2004

I took my family to this park in July of 2002. It is expensive to take a family on vacation and go some place that everyone will like. Well let me tell you my 9yr and my 3yr old boys loved it. It did not send me to the poor house at all. Close by the have a amusement park that the kids can ride on all the rides and are not restricted to hieght. The park is made for the kids. We also saw the best fire works show ever.
The kids still talk about the going back to yogi bear park to this day.
I ve been on active duty for a year and a half now but as soon as I can I will be yogi bearing it again. I owe the kids. We couldnt go this past year. Anyhow its a great place, check it out

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Comfort Inn
Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
Pilgrim Inn and Cottages
#3 of 10 in Plymouth
Hampton Inn and Suites Tilton

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park - Ashland? Share your experiences!