“Average”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bab Ezzouar
Reviewed March 22, 2014

What's bad there:
- overprice hotel.
- unfriendly staff, they don't speak English and very poor Arabic.
- Dusty rooms.

What's good there:
- high speed internet for free.
- 3 salons for coffee
- gift shops
- very lovely lobby to sit in.
- Rooms are good but sometimes i wonder if there's room service to clean up.

Notice: in Ramadan month, all of the hotels in Algeria don't allow you to drink after midnight, also all the discos will be closed in this month.

Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Alger Bab Ezzouar. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Sanity after a few months in rural establishments. My room wasn't huge but it had running water and was clean. BBC world news...first English for a long time. A positive experience, would stay here again if I ever return to Algeria.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Customer,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Alger Bab Ezzouar. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed in the Hotel from 16th to 18th February,2014 and had mixed feeling.The greatest advantage of the Hotel is its location which is only about 2 km from Airport and a newly built Mall for some shopping. But the charges for the room was quite expensive considering the services & facilities provided.Lifts were really scary as the doors closed very fast and with lot of noise & it appeared to crush your hand or whatever is in between the doors of the lift while it is closing. Carpets are old/worn out.The response time for any assistance is very high or the assistance may never arrive.However the staff is polite and understand English reasonably well.At the airport despite claiming to run 30 minutes service for pick up and drop from airport, the bus did not come even after reminding on phone and I had to ultimately drop at the hotel by IBIS hotel's bus which is adjacent to it.However while returning back, free drop was provided. For this price,I will not recommend this Hotel.

Bimal Prasad

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Customer,

For your information an important renovation of the rooms is scheduled, including bedding television and bathroom. Some of our rooms are already refurbished to this new standard, feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation , it will be a pleasure to upgrade you to a Superior Room.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

As stated in other reviews, the only positive point for this old hotel is its excellent location.

The room I stayed in was worn down, with dirty carpets, air condition out of order and without basic facilities like e.g. an electrical socket for your PC or phone in the room (had to charge it in the bathroom, or instead disconnect the fridge or the TV).

Tried the room service and the food was mostly cold when it reached my room.

The beds are hard as wood and I can continue listing issue after issue.

Definitely not a hotel that anybody can be proud of. And when will the responsible management start taking action instead of writing the same comment every time?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at the Mercure for one night and the Ibis for one night and let me tell you the Ibis was far superiour in every way. The beds are as everyone has said, extremely poor and hard and a small tiny flat pillow. I did not sleep hardly at all all night. They wanted to charge us for drinks that we did not have. The staff was relatively friendly, but they do not acknowledge you, you have to go up to them and be right up front before they will help you. The toilet did not work and ran all night, the capet was very dirty and had cigarette stains. We wanted a non smoking room and got this one, which had been smoken in. My husband is alergic and defintely the smell bothered him so much that he got sick. Not a good situiation for we had three weeks of travel and had to go home after 9 days. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone...

Room Tip: make sure the room is actually a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Customer,

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Once again, we appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The hotel was very nice and above my expectations, because on tripadvisor it has been given 3 star rating, but I say give it above 4 ratings. The interiors are very nice and people are very friendly. Below are the few points I would like to to corrected.

1. The services are very slow, even after saying to clean up my room , it would take 2-3 hours for the hosekeeping person to come to the room.
2. Language problem, lot of people dont know english.
3. Please have some more items in breakfast. Your chef did'nt know the Asian Style of making omelette. If you want to complete on international level please have chefs who atleast knows all the styles of cooking, not just european style.
4. Sometimes housekeeping forgets to put water bottles in the room

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Customer,

However, we took good note of your remarks regarding the disfonctionnements which you noticed during your stay . Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The only positive point for this old hotel is its excellent location. Everything else is so mediocre. Accor should feel ashamed branding this hotel as one of its chains and a Mercure also. On top of that it is way overpriced for the bad tired conditions and serivce offered but due to the lcoation it is full most of the times so pushing near rack rates.
Unpleasant uncomfortable lobby, poor food outlets and variaty, old bed and toilet conditions...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
PMartial, Directeur général at Mercure Alger Aeroport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bab Ezzouar
#2 of 27 in Algiers
Hotel d'Hydra
Hotel d'Hydra
#16 of 27 in Algiers

Been to Mercure Alger Aeroport? Share your experiences!