“Frequent visits always meet expectations”
Review of Joey's Diner

Joey's Diner
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My family and I go here about 5-6 times a year for breakfast. Each and every time our expectations are met. The food is always good. Portions are decent. However, the coffee is a little on the dull side but its tolerable. Its a unique place that is decorated in a 50's theme. Lots of shiney chrome. When in the area, stop in!

There are newer reviews for Joey's Diner

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great breakfast and portion are big. Prices are a little steep for a dinner. Hamburger will set you back about $9.00. Breakfast is arount $8.00 Service is good and the ambience and decor is nice (1950's Theme.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My fiance and i go here all the time, the prices are reasonable the staff is always friendly and its very clean. We also love the 50's decorations and music that is always playing. Alot of the times we end up here because i want a big breakfast meal at 6pm and he wants a bacon burger..lol..no better place to go with that much variety. Plus now they have brick oven pizza!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you are ever traveling down 101A near the Amherst/Nashua/Merrimack line and see a silver clad restaurant - stop! We used to live around the corner from this diner and loved to bring guests here when time allowed. Time allowed because service is very, very slow. Still, it is worth it because the decor was so nostalgic it gives you time to sit and visit and reminiscence. Sit at the counter or the red and white booths. Waitresses wear poodle skirts. Remember drinking Moxie? They have it. Pedal car and pedal planes hang from the ceiling. I used to have one of those... Looking for the restrooms? The doors look like old coke machines!

The service is good as far as waitresses but it takes forever for the food to come out of the kitchen; <sigh> even fast food was slow back then.

The food is good and while I have never had it, the breakfast must be great because this place is packed weekend mornings!

Take a chance. Step into the big silver box and travel back to the 50s!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

While staying on nearby Baboosic Lake recently, my family happened upon Joey's Diner in search of 'comfort food'. Our search was well rewarded as we ordered the meatloaf, mash potatoes and peas special. Amazing. (Mom - are you back there in the kitchen?!?)

The best part of Joey's Diner is being able to order breakfast any time of day. What a beautiful thing indeed. What also makes Joey's Diner oh so beautiful is that any breakfast you order satisfies your hunger and your quest for delicious diner food. Over the course of the two weeks we visited the area, my family sampled the following -- chocolate chip pancakes (bigger than big - one pancake is a meal in itself), Eggs Benedict, Fried eggs with hash browns & sausage, french toast and more eggs. One morning I even ordered the Monte Cristo for breakfast (yes, they serve any entree any time of day).

Aside from the food, the service was always friendly, efficient and upbeat. I felt at home and welcomed at each visit by each server ( I believe we met 5 servers by the time we left ) and we never waited long for anything.

As you'll see by the photos, the decor inside and out is fun and entertaining & makes Joey's Diner worth the trip. Next time you're feeling like breakfast - no matter what time of day -- stop in for a great experience!