“Beautiful location”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Its a new building and a new winery so what you get is very good wine in an excellent setting. We took the wine tasting and liked everything. bottle prices aren't bad. They do serve food and have a real nice outdoor seating area that will be good if the weather cooperates. try this when in the area

Visited July 2013
3 Thank FloridaorVermont

Merrimack, NH
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Perfect Summer Evening”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This winery is a bike ride from my home and yet I just visited. If I closed my eyes for a second I would not believe I'm in Amherst, NH. This is wine country ambience! Chef Josh Enright has an awesome menu to choose for light snacks to treats to enjoy a bottle of wine, to good portion meals--all pleasing to the palate. The drink selection which incorporates mixtures with LaBelle wines are interesting-- and a menu card of how to make them is provided. In wine flights, small info cards given with each flight. The entertainment on this comfortable summer evening was just right American folk/pop with some jazz. We ate outside to soak in the summer evening, but seating is available inside. The store had many selections seen in wine enthusiast magazines. Again --hard to believe you are in Amherst, NH --If you are visiting Manchester, are passing through on 101 across the state, make a stop.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank hr1313
Manchester, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not Gods but pretty darn close”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have had the pleasure of imbibing LaBelle wines long before they were ever named. Years ago, in Amy LaBelle's kitchen, before the logo was designed, the winery land purchased, architectural plans drafted or any ground had been broken, she dreamed of owning a winery and providing a place where people could experience the joy of wine and the fun of pairing wine with food. This winery was never a hobby for Amy. From the first time I met her when we were studying for the bar exam, she had this dream. It has been inspirational to watch her dream come true. Over the years, I have witnessed her painstakingly hone her craft until each wine was perfect. She and Cesar take extraordinary care to ensure that every visitor has a positive experience at the winery. Am I biased? Perhaps. It is true that I am a fan of Amy and Cesar. You won't find two more wonderful people and of course I want them to be successful. But I am also a realist and recognize a good quality product when I taste one. I bring my clients to the winery and I recommend it to all I know. LaBelle wines and the winery experience are phenomenal and should not be missed. If you haven't had the chance yet to head over to the winery for a glass and a nibble, don't miss an opportunity to do so. I will probably see you there. Donna Daneke

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Donna D
Greenland, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Take a Taste”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very informative and fun time to do a quick tour of the brewery. The employees behind the bar were good at introducing their products in the wine tasting portion of the tour.There is a price to do the tasting ( 5 samples for $8 and % more for another $5. Have a restaurant that is a little pricey but good .Plenty of parking and very open and clean with outside seating Right off Rte 101 and easy to find.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank j p
Amherst, New Hampshire, United States
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 378 helpful votes
“The Public Is Not Stupid, just because you are in "business" does not make you a God”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a situation of people who took a hobby and decided to expand. Having been a developer I understand that projects require experience to modify. Site placement requires a hands on evaluation. The entrance is located down a hill such that those leaving and turning left can not see the traffic from the right, a bad thing for people who have not been sampling wine, a drastic thing for those who have had one or more tastings. The building is placed on the highway so as to celebrate the noise of the highway. I would think that a person going to enjoy a vineyard would want some sound buffer.

Arriving, the signage is cute, but unless you have been there before you have no idea of where you are expected to go, unless you are in a truck making deliveries.

Once you figure out how and where to enter the building you are treated as a lost soul, an unwanted waif. My adult daughter and I arrived, walked into the place and had not direction as to what we should do, off to the right was an open door, with nothing happening inside.

We sought out an employee, and explained that we were there for the Cafe experience, he seemed confused at first, then returned to tell us that we would be allowed to sit in the area overlooking the wine casks. The winery was filtering the wine, and thus a high pitched whine that the Server complained about each time she visited our table. Damn, we were aware that it was present, either stop the procedure of not seat us there or just shut up.

My daughter ordered the Apple Salad, I ordered the Special Salad: a Caesar Salad with Chicken and Bacon. Usually people who order a Caesar salad with a protein expect that the protein is cooked for the salad. Both the bacon and the chicken on my salad were cold, obviously prepared sometime before the order. neither had any "taste", each was a disappointment.

Obviously the winery has decided that they need to add a profit center, but they do not understand that just desiring to do such does not mean that they will meet the needs of their customers. As a restaurant consultant I saw this often, usually preceded by the comment of "how difficult is it to fry up a bunch of eggs".

Sometimes it is necessary to understand ... the place can rise up to meet the needs, to overcome the problems inherent.

Visited May 2013