“Lobster Stuffed Filet...”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 24 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed November 13, 2013

It was a special for $24.99 so I figured I would try it. The filet was fine, cooked as I ordered but the lobster stuffing? Maybe a tablespoon of some creamy, cheese sauce that a lobster had walked through but I couldn't really detect much flavor. There was another tablespoon of lobster meat - mostly the skinny tubes from the legs - on top and it was dry and tasteless.

I've eaten here before and as in all chain steakhouses the food is adequate if overpriced.

If they can't do anything better than what I ate they should remove the item from the menu, not worth the extra $5 over a filet without the "stuffing".

Reviewed October 16, 2013

When on a trip in the U.S. we usually look for a Longhorn Steakhouse close to where we were staying for the night and this one was a short drive from Merrimack, NH.

We always order the roast prime rib and this one was right up there with what we have had at other Longhorn's. Service was good, meal was good, no trouble being seated and the restaurant itself was clean.

Will continue returning to the Longhorn chain, haven't been to a bad one yet.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Scant serving size..paid top dollar ..food was not very hot..very disapointed..will not be returning..

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Visiting relatives in NH. They like this Longhorn Steakhouse. I ate at a longhorn in Charleston, SC, and was not impressed, however I could not get out of this get-together. I ordered the 12.99 - 3 course special. - Salad, steak + side + desert. To my surprise they cooked the sirloin perfectly. All of the appetizers disappeared, and service for our group (of 8) seemed reasonable, friendly, and timely.
Since being roped into dining at this longhorn, I will have reassess my personal boycott of the chain.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have been dining at this Longhorn since it opened several years ago. We have never had a bad meal here, and never had bad service. This is probably the most consistently excellent franchise of any chain restaurant we have ever seen.

The portions are so large that we have never had enough room to eat dessert.

This is one of two restaurants in the area where the chefs know how to grill a steak medium well or well-done. Every other place where we have ordered beef with little or no pink, it comes out medium rare or worse. And this includes places reportedly staffed with Culinary Institute graduates.

You can order your steak without the special seasoning, which is salt-heavy--a great feature for people trying to adhere to low-salt diets. The Longhorn features outstanding salads, chicken, and fish dishes as well. I know of no other eatery where you can get rainbow trout without any stray bones. Their Sierra and Napa Chicken entrees are perfect for someone with a dairy allergy--two of their many dishes not drowning in cheese or butter. Of course, there are quite a few other choices if you like cheese or butter on your food. The salads are always fresh, the vegetables and lettuce crisp, and the fruit tasty.

The service is extremely fast if you are there on a weekday on a short lunch hour. We have never had to flag down a server to bring us the check. When this Longhorn first opened, the servers were quite colorful and interesting characters, often stopping to chat with customers. Over the past few years that has been toned down a bit, but the quality of the service has not diminished.

There are two big TVs above the bar, but there are plenty of seats in the restaurant facing away from them if you don't want the distraction while you are dining.

The only downside is that you have to like modern country, which is the background music. I would love to hear them play some old country classics for a change.

5  Thank StarWeez