“Saved again by Longstreet!”

Longstreet Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Amargosa Valley
San Diego, California
“Saved again by Longstreet!”
Reviewed September 16, 2006

After a long hot day photographing in DV this place was a welcome site. Having no resevation I dropped in on a Friday noight at 8:30. There was a line and the clerk was also running the convenience store also so 20 minute wait to get a $95.00 room. Expected on Friday night. (I don't know what I would have done if no rooms...) I got a 'B' room because the cheaper 'A' rooms were sold out. I didnt care - just needed a place. Was on the pond side and room was excellent, large & clean, all ammenities and fell asleep to the waterfall right outside my door. (room 126) There is also RV park and plenty of parking. No elevators.
Restaurant, small casino (save your money) and store is very handy to have in the middle of nowhere. They also have a laundrymat and public showers. 7 miles to State route 190 into DV. Free coffee in the store is available in the morning also.
Would stay again. This is my second time here. The first time, I drove all the way from Beatty NV because no rooms there were available.

• Liked — Room availability; restaurant on site.
  • Disliked — waiting to check in
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring Patience and be prepared to carry stuff a long way inside and up stairs if your room is up there. Ask for first floor.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank Mccaf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed July 3, 2006

After a hot day in Death Valley we found that affordable place to stay before heading the next day to Las Vegas. The rooms were nice, clean and big and the staff was very friendly. We were also amazed about the landscape in the background of the hotel. We would stay here definately again.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed June 8, 2006

Wasn't able to get reservations anywhere else in the area so booked here as a last resort. The rooms were large and clean and the staff was friendly. Wished I had more time as the grounds and pool area looked inviting. Only issue is that it's a bit of a drive back into the DV nat'l park if you're spending multiple days in the area. Would have been nice to stay closer to the park but this certainly sounds better than the postings for other hotels in the area!

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank Backpacker2
Reviewed September 14, 2005

We were driving from Vegas > Lake Tahoe and came across this place, we had a brilliant time there. Only $3 for a Guinness, we also ended up getting free shots + cocktails as we spent so much behind the bar. It has a pool + spa.

Rooms were cheap, good air conditioning and great food. I'd recommend this place to people travelling through, awesome sunsets here too with mountains in the background. It's not ultimate luxury but given its location it was a thoroughly enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2005

On our way south to Mojave, we took rte 373 to go around death valley and run into that place at the time we needed to stop... luckily we didn't push untill Death valley junstion and meet Longstreet Inn..... the room was so spacefull and comfi, attendant were nice, price and food reasonnable, but above all, the atmosphere was laid back and cool.
We loved it, after dina spend sometimes gambling at the bar while this big guy helped with locals was singing on-demand cowboys songs on the karaoke.
Recommended for one nite !

• Stayed December 2004
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2003

I found the Longstreet Inn & Casino most excellent. Rooms:Slots;Food;& the Service were great. I would return anytime. It shall always be a favorite,as it was the last vacation I and a beloved family member visited only months before his un-timly death from a fast-moving-killing Cancer.Of all the places I & my Siter & Brother-in-law could have spend a few days Longstreet really" fit the Bill" the memonies of him there will last a life time.What a grand time we all had at the" Longstreet",and at Death Vally Junction at "What Her's Name Place(Orpera-House).See you again I hope. YOURS Carl M Ricard--wildwoodr@tcsn.net Paso Robles California 93447 PH. # 805 238-3016

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2003

Spacious room, clean, and quiet. Terrific mtn. views on back rooms. Had nice dinner buffet for $6.99 or from menu. Just 7 miles to Amargosa Opera House. Ask for first floor to advoid 14 steps.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Longstreet Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!