“Great rooms, great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Host Ken's Motel

Budget Host Ken's Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aurora
Budget Host Ken's Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aurora
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great rooms, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2011

I've been to Ken's motel many times and had many friends stay there as well. Ken was a community pillar in this small town of Aurora and his daughter Jane continues their tradition of providing full sized fridges in most rooms! This isn't a sexy hotel, but it is a great midwest value" (ps, I think the people with the really negative review must have had an outlier experience- I've never had any such issues, and neither have my friends)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank omahaswede

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

After reading the other reviews we were expecting a nice motel, but were very disappointed!! When we 1st walked into the room we were impressed, but after we got to looking around we found that the floors had not been vacuumed. There was paper, sunflower seeds, cat food, & a pile of cat litter on the floor. There was blood on the underside of the bedspread. The bathroom stool seat was not completely clean. An artificial plant on the entertainment cabinet was heavily covered with dust. Etc., etc. We reported to the office about the floor not being swept & he did come while we were gone & swept up the cat litter. The rest of the stuff we discovered later. This motel gives Budget Host a bad name!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, I booked a night at Ken's Motel. It by far exceeded my expectations. As the reviewer said, Ken's is a nice clean, comfortable place. For the lowest price I've paid in years, I had a clean, quiet room, a very comfortable queen-sized bed, nice TV, in-room wireless Internet, full-sized refrigerator, a recliner, table & chairs, a desk, and lots of drawers for storage.

• Liked — Clean, quiet, and comfortable at a great price.
  • Disliked — Some stains on the carpet.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

I'll be sure to stay here the next time I'm within an hour's drive of Aurora. I was lucky to walk in and snag the last room at 8pm after a cancellation. I don't think it's any secret that the rooms are spacious, clean and extraordinarily quiet. Outside I heard the neighbors talking loudly but inside I could hear nothing, and never did from either side. The room charge was Very reasonable. There's a Pizza Hut on one side, a Runza across the street and a breakfast/lunch cafe on the other side. I had easily decided by morning to stay a second night and drive a bit the next morning to my next job. In my work travels I've not had a more satisfying stay.

Stayed May 2008
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

I have stayed at Ken's Motel several times over the past few years while in Aurora on business, and my family stayed there two nights this past June while in town visiting friends. Ken's is a basic little hotel with good amenities - cable TV, a full size refrigerator, and a lazy-boy chair included. The property is clean, though a bit outdated, and the hotel staff friendly. You're within walking distance of several restaurants and the downtown shopping area of town.

If you happen to be visiting Aurora, don't get a room at a chain hotel in Grand Island, but take the plunge and stay at Ken's - and pay probably a third of the price.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2006

Great rates! We had a nice large, very clean room! I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aurora
Hampton Inn Grand Island
Hampton Inn Grand Island
#2 of 22 in Grand Island
BEST WESTERN PLUS York Hotel & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grand Island Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island
Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island
Holiday Inn Express & Suites York

Been to Budget Host Ken's Motel? Share your experiences!