“White buffalo & eagles”

Lee G. Simmons Conservation Park and Wildlife Safari
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Ashland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Drive-through adventure zoo's road leads visitors through several different 'lands' featuring Sandhill Cranes, antelope, deer and a large buffalo herd. Most of the animals freely roam this corner of the county. All can be seen from visitors' cars, but Wolf Woods section requires a short walk. The interactive nature exhibits can be explored hile out of the car.
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a must see if you are in this part of NE. Had a great time. Was close enough to a bald eagle& white buffalo to almost touch them. Excellent set up for interacting with animals. A MUST SEE!!!

All reviews
"hiking trails"
"a couple times"
"different areas"

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hubby and I were staying nearby and saw the signs for this attraction, but didn't know anything about it. As our itinerary was rather full we skipped it and THEN found out it is part of the world class Henry Doorly Zoo, so surely, it's as terrific as some of the other reviews advise. If we're ever back in the are, we will go for sure. We did go to the very nearby Strategic Air and Space Museum, Eugene Mahoney State Park, and stuffed ourselves in Ashland at Parker's Smokehouse. We also suggest a stop at The Holy Family Shrine. Lovely building and setting is especially beautiful when the flowers are in bloom.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We loved this place! Every year we drive to the Omaha zoo, but we decided to do something different this time. So glad we did! We went in the late morning and saw at least one of every animal. It was great to see them in their natural habitats. Great place to visit!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My 13 year old son and I had a great time here. Seeing the Bison right by my car was worth the price of admission. We also seen Elk, Bears, Deer, Birds, the Wolves were not visible this time. It took about 1 1/2 hours to go through and see everything. We spent alot of time with the Bison they were right in the road and up on our car it was awesome.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This trip was not planned. I was a side trip out of a one week stay in the area.
Since I had never been to a safari, I thought it would be a nice diversion from my schedule.
I was right. Even if I was there during high noon and many (most?) animals had disappeared
into the shades, there were still two large groups of elk and bison resting by (in) the ponds.
It was very impressive. On the other hand, I also felt sorry for them. Although the condition
of a sarafi is apparently much better than a zoo with cages, it is still cruel for these migratory
animals, which should have long moved to Canada by this time of the year.