“Great place!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alma
South Dakota
“Great place!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed there 2 times in a week. Both times the rooms were clean. Check in was good. First time I had to wait 10 min while the receptionist was talking to someone on the phone. Newer hotel. Price was good.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The staff was excellent. The quick start breakfast was OK but the griddle hadn't been turned on and things took extra time. We will stay here again if the chance ever occurs again. Rooms were very nice and breakfast and bed was comfortable.

Stayed August 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I am so glad that this Hotel is now in Alma. I travel back and forth to the area and knowing that I have a clean, safe place to stay that has WIFI and a frig. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are always clean. The Manager is dedicated to customer service and is very helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through if you are looking for a quiet comfortable safe stay.

Room Tip: If you want access to the outdoors, they have rooms facing the rear parking lot. Great if you have...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Superior, Colorado
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I went to Alma for a friend's surprise bday party. I thought, "Oh Great. I bet they have luxurious accommodations out in the stix. The Super 8 was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and the stay was a very enjoyable one. If I knew that all Super 8's would be that clean, I would stay there all of the time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Sloan, Iowa
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family was back in the area for a funeral and instead of driving to Kearney we thought we would try one of the local hotels. The Super 8 was fabulous to my family. We have stayed overnight at the hotel accross the street and this hotel is the lightyears ahead of the competition. The rooms and hotel was super clean. The shower /tub had nice warm water. The wifi was easy to use. They made popcorn for us that evening. The only thing I can remotely make as a negative was the pillow was hard for my wife and children. (They usually bring their own on trips.) So, if you need a hotel in the area, this one is top notch!

• Stayed March 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I began staying at the Super 8 in Alma about 2 years ago as I am from Alma. I thought then what a great asset to the community. However, each time I come back, the amenities become less and less...guess I would say sketchy at best...you may get it and you may not. Interesting to read a previous post on the switch of rates as that is what happened to others in my traveling party. I am concerned that corners are now being cut and it will be a motel similar to the others in Alma and not be a stand out and an asset to this great community.

I must say though - the staff is very friendly and still are a great plus for the hotel...just need to polish it up in other areas...making sure the amenities in the motel do not continue the randomness (breakfast hit/miss, room amenities hit/mis)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Traveleralotoftime
Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room was nicely furnished and clean. Comfy beds and great shower ! Not very many tv channels to choose from. Internet service was good :) When our neighbors rolled in about 11 pm it sounded like a wrecking crew was next door. Otherwise the place was quiet. The only reason I did not rate this motel as excellent is because breakfast could have been better. There are no waffles , eggs or biscuits and gravy. The cups for the juice were really small ! The donuts were great tho .And they had fresh bananas. We were wondering ....why are there salt and peppers on the tables ??? Are we supposed to put that on the donuts or the bananas or the cereal ?!?!?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theakitty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alma
Royal Hotel Inegol
Western Holiday Motel
No photo provided
Hotel Park Inegol
#3 of 3 in Inegol

Been to Super 8 Alma? Share your experiences!