“Mostly clean and warm”

Alliance Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Alliance
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A mostly clean, warm place to stay with comfortable beds and pillows and working A/C and heaters. Quiet, low-key, very simple place. We stay here for work quite often, and the staff has always been kind.

As we often have to leave early in the morning (around 4:30am), we are always thankful the breakfast room is open early to grab at least a yogurt or muffin. Sometimes the hot breakfast options are even set out that early, which has been very nice. Complimentary USA Today newspapers are always available at the front desk as well.

Rooms are not equipped with irons or ironing boards, but these are available downstairs at the front desk. Rooms conveniently equipped with fridges and microwaves, although there is no freezer section in the mini fridge. Have requested wake-up calls several times: once it went off at 1:50am instead of 3:30am, another time I received it at 4:20am instead of 3:30am, but fortunately always set a back-up alarm. Front desk is almost always attended, had to wait once for some time even after ringing the bell, but was eventually found. Exercise room is equipped with several nice machines, have tried several times to get the exercise bike to work but to no avail. Elliptical works great.

Hotel is in a state of renovation, but seems to be coming along alright. Looking forward to seeing the pool complete at another time.

1  Thank L M

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I work for a company that puts me in a hotel 52 weeks a year so I know something about staying in hotels. Out of all the hotels I stay in there are two or three that made me feel as if I'm more than just a credit card. This is one of them. I"ve stayed here for about 4 weeks now and plan on staying about 6 more.I had a problem with the heater one night within 10mins. Jeannie at the front desk had me out of there and into a new clean comfortable room.Thanks .I also had a question about me bill. Johnatann at the front desk took the time to go over it until I fully understood it .Thank You. > Note to owners .< You have a great hotel, Great staff ,Great personal for the house keeping .Put some money into your hotel . The pool area needs work or turn it into a big rented out conferance room for conventions . A lighted sign closer the the road to actract people . Thanks Dave S.

2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Alliance Hotel and Suites is a great accommodation for the price. The staff is friendly and will do everything they can to make your stay what you want it to be. A staff member at the front desk (Jeannie) was exceptional, going out of her way on several occations with everyone included in my stay (that covered four different rooms and was a week long). Overall the room amenities were good, clean bathroom, hot water, comfortable bed, flat screen tv etc... Anything in the Hotel that does need updating is underway as I have seen improvements in the last few months staying here off and on for work. For the price there is no need to be skeptical it is the best bang for your buck in town.

2  Thank Timothy A
anupam6492, General Manager at Alliance Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We value your opinion and our entire team work very hard to provide excellent customer service which is our number one goal at the hotel. Updating our facility is an ongoing process and we have few upgrades planned for this year. You will notice them probably on your subsequent trip.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The breakfast was decent. The air conditioner didn't work. They did offer us a fan. The shower rod was broken. The water was turned off in the morning. It was reconnected after 30 minutes but a large enconvience.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mberich
anupam6492, General Manager at Alliance Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

We had to shut down the water in the morning for the maintenance, i am sorry that you were not informed about it. We are looking into the shower head and air conditioner. We work hard for guest satisfaction and am sorry learn about the difficulties you faced. However, as per my knowledge you stayed in our family suite. This is a 2 room suite and we had problem with the ac in the outside room. You were informed about it and we gave you the room at a discounted price.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were disappointed in our stay. While the lobby looked great, the rest of the hotel was rather seedy. I understand they are in the process of changing hands and doing some remodeling. However, I notice from other reviews that this process seems to be dragging on. Our room was clean but the linens were worn. The pool area was shut down and was apparently undergoing some renovation, but what an unsightly mess that was!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandi M
anupam6492, General Manager at Alliance Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

We are sorry to hear about your stay with us. We work hard to ensure that the guest stay is comfortable. If you had called front desk when you checked-in, they would have gladly changed your room. We are replacing linens in the rooms and there might be a room or two where the linens are worn. We apologize and do let us know when you are in town again and we will offer you a suite for a regular room. The pool will take us another year to open and we do not advertize or offer pool for now.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is currently changing hands and is in the process of remodeling. Pool was closed for remodeling. Furniture is old but will be replaced soon. Internet is available, there was a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast in the morning is adequate, the hotel staff is just fabulous. Everyone was super friendly and the room was spotless. Older beds which will be replaced soom, were extrely comfortable. I would highly recommend and if the remodel was complete would have given them a five star rating. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hilda102320
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel isn't top of the line for sure. Our stay wasn't bad, but wasn't good. It was after our stay that became the huge issue. I discovered they charged me twice for 1 night on my credit card. Dealing with them and trying to get that remedied between them and my credit card was a nightmare. Its very definitely not worth your stay for the aftermath. They sent all kinds of paperwork to my credit card company that had nothing to do with my stay. And avoided sending the receipt with my signature showing only 1 night stay.
I'd avoid them and the headache that follows. You might pay a little more to stay at the holiday inn, but at least its more comfortable and customer friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KristinY785
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

We have to follow a procedure when we have a dispute. We have so many instances when guest have paid for 2 rooms with the same credit card and subsequently we get a dispute. Whenever there's a dispute we have to respond to your bank and our accountant was following the right procedure. Sorry! you had to go through the trouble.