“very pleasant stay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Alliance
Alliance, Nebraska
“very pleasant stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Im staying for an extended stay . The rates are very good. The rooms very clean and pleasant. Staff is very helpful. The hotel is very quiet. Very pleased. I will for sure recommend it my friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank shane r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We booked two rooms at this hotel for June 2012. We were promised non-smoking rooms and were instructed that there were no more non-smoking rooms available. We were escorted to look at a room to see if we would accept it. The desk attendant had to remake the bed because the covers were messed up and who knows what was done in the bed. We checked into a room because we made reservations and could not recieve a refund. The rooms were dirty. There were multiple holes in the walls. The bathrooms were filthy, with pubic hairs in the shower and on the floor. I even found a used razor sitting on top of the shower. The second room that my sister-in-law and her family rented was even worse. The second room was partly below the ground and smelled horrible like mildew/water damage and the flooring was extremely dirty carpet. The air conditioner only blew hot air and it was a hot night. After not much sleep we awakened very early and left as soon as we could. I do not recomend this hotel "Cockroach Inn" to anyone. You will be disappointed I promise.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jeremydean_82

Travelers are raving about these Alliance hotels

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family and I stayed there the 2nd an the 3rd of Sept. we enjoyed our stay the breakfast was good an the people that work there were very freindly an more than willling to help . The rooms looked like they were being updated the Manager stated they were doing some work on the rooms .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rosebud, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Road weary and tired we checked into this hotel after I had been fooled by the cute wooden deer relief pictures on the wall in the Reception Area. What a mistake!!!
After my friend and I went to our rooms, we were both so horrified that we decided to leave after about 10 minutes. We both were overwhelmed by gloom and fear. It seemed like a punishment!!!
My room had a very sticky side table that even I could not clean with anti bacterial wiper. The bedding looked grimy and desperately in need of updating, the bed was roughly made, as if the cover had just been thrown over it after the last occupants left. Then I found a nasty dark red stain on the wall behind the desk that initially I thought was blood (!!!), but was relieved that at least it was only a crayon scribble. Still awful though.
My friend's room has dirty footprints on the floor and he had to tune his TV to get any picture. He also had similar unpleasant bedding and sticky furniture problems.
The carpet in the hall, and reception area was filthy and stained. I should have noticed this when we first walked in but we were tired.
Unfortunately my Credit Card had already been imprinted and it took a few days to be able to contact anyone who could stop the payment coming through. No-one seemed to know how to do this.
Worst hotel I had been in during this whole trip. I could easily imagine drug and prostitution dealings going on here.
I do not blame the girl in Reception, it is her job after all and she was pleasant. But the manager(s) of this hotel should be investigated.
Do not stop here.. Instead, go down the road to the Rainbow Lodge which a less expensive, but a clean, cute family run Motel. The rooms here at the Rainbow Lodge are unintentionally kitsch, but that is part of the appeal.

Room Tip: DO NOT STOP HERE.. Instead, go down the road to the Rainbow Lodge which a less expensive, but clean...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank catwic57
fortville
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place is a little run down but at sixty dollars a nite including the cost for our little dog it was a fair deal. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was helpful when needed. we were just passing through so it served the purpose.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kenny c
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The owner of this place must be banking all his income from this place. He certainly isn't putting any money into upkeep!! I'm sure they wash the sheets because I saw the laundry room running over and machines running. The window in the laundry room was broken out! The back door was left open all night. Our drapes we barely hanging on over the window. Bathroom seemed clean enough, but the bed linens smelled of a really icky smelling detergent and/or fabric softener.
I guess it's OK for traveling workers, but if you're used to anything from Super 8 to Hampton Inn, this is really below par. On a good note, though, the young lady at the desk was polite.

Room Tip: Choose a good room??? Stay at the Holiday Inn Express just across the street!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa W
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the American Inn, although the rates were cheap, so was everything else. Paper thin walls, tiny beds, less than adequate A/C and generally run down building. Never again will I stay here and I would not recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo