“A great find after a long drive.....”

Quality Inn Alliance
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Alliance
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We stopped in at Alliance on the way back from South Dakota (a long day in freezing cold weather) & found this fabulous hotel as a halfway point between Rapid City & Denver, CO. Let us just say we are disappointed we didnt call in here on the way to South Dakota (instead of Torrington, WY......bad GPS) as it was awesome.
We went in late on a cold, icy Sunday night to find the lovely receptionist, Julie, most helpful & cheerful. She was great - typical HI employee
Great sized room, comfy beds (great sleep & I dont sleep well in most places) & nice & quiet. Clean room, hot showers, typical free hotel breakfast (sorry, but I really am sick of muffins & bagels), close to an Arby's which is great for the late night dinner.
There may not be a lot to do in Alliance BUT it is worth stopping here if one gets the chance

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jhoppy01
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Alliance

Reviewed October 9, 2010

WE stop at this hotel on our way to The Black Hills. The staff is always super friendly, the rooms are spotless and now they have added a manager special in the evening for travelers that are too tired to go get something to eat. Thanks for another great stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank wanderingwonders
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Holiday Inn facility was nice, especially for the size of the town. I have traveled extensively for work and leisure in the course of the last 40 years with very few issues. As my wife and I were traveling through the mid-west we decided to take a short side trip to Car Henge. After going on line, I confirmed my room at a government rate that I qualify to use. Upon arrival, I was met by a very pleasant desk clerk that pulled up my reservation. As I was filling out the paperwork with usual initials here, sign here - I noticed the rate was $30 more than my confirmation. The desk clerk was then assisted by the shift manager. After a couple of moments I was asked to product the confirmed room rate. I then went to my car and got my laptop, connected to the hotel's wifi and showed the shift manager the exact email with the rate. Okay the rate would be honored. As we continued the process, the shift manager asked me for the number of occupants - I gave the number as 2. Where upon the shift manager told me - there is an up charge of $20 for the second person. As this point it was late and I had very little choice but to accept the $20 up charge.

I have had a number of communications with HI Express via the Priority Club email system.

My complaint was and continues to be the curt and abrupt manner that the management team has with the customer.

If you stay at the facility, hopefully you won't have need of the management team. Good Luck either way

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank big58ben
Reviewed June 21, 2010

As a business priority club member - there are significantly better Holiday Inn locations within 1 to 2 hours drive (and less costly). Most restaurants listed below closed on Monday. The counter person - Kerri - is better suited for prison guard duty; customer service is not her forte. Rooms are good - but from a person who stays in Holiday Inn 4-6 nights a week. Check some other locations first.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip and I really enjoyed the place. First off, I was really surprised when the check-in lady actually asked for my C.C. identification (I stayed at over 15 hotels that summer and this is one of 2 that asked for I.D.) and I was very pleased with that. Rooms are very clean, good location, and b-fast was good.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank mcbitb
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I had been traveling throughout most of west Nebraska and Wyoming and staying "average" chain hotels. When I checked into this Holiday Inn in Alliance, I was so very pleased. Beautiful little lobby area, fantastic breakfast selection. The room was very well appointment and a full desk for working. The bed was very comfortable (which is so difficult to find) and I loved the pillows! The pool area is a touch small but very cute and since I was here on business, it wasn't a top priority. They have a great business center that offers computer and printers to use, along with inroom internet that is rather fast. Not to mention a great staff! All in all... very happy!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nebraskatraveler5
Reviewed November 21, 2009

My family stays at this hotel whenever we come to Alliance. For those of you who don't think Alliance has any restaurants, Ken and Dale's is great for breakfast and the steaks at the Country Club are better than you will find almost anywhere. The price for a hotel in Alliance is a bit high but having a fridge and microwave in the room is nice. WiFi is a bit spotty but not a huge problem. Highly recommend this hotel. And the people in Alliance are the friendliest you will find anywhere

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo