“Quick & Great Stay”

Quality Inn Alliance
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Alliance
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during a road trip on the way from Denver to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone. I stayed here just for a night but I enjoyed the stay. The rooms where a bit dated however they were clean and comfortable. The people at the front desk where very welcoming. There was an evening reception of sausages and complimentary breakfast in the morning. While Alliance is a sleepy town it does have some great views.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jms5353
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Alliance

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed here over night on our way to South Dakota. Check-in was great, very friendly staff. Gave us bottled water, which was nice. Our room was almost clean. Except my husband spotted someone's clipped toenails in the carpet beside the bed! The rest of the room was very clean. Breakfast was ok. By the time we got down it wasn't very fresh, but once they saw that we were there they came by and said they would freshen it up. We grabbed the fresh stuff and that was pretty good. They even offered to pack us some for the road! It was a little overpriced, but with minimal choices in Alliance there was no better option.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Klala
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stopped here for one night on our way to Wyoming. We only stopped here to see a couple attractions and to avoid a very very long car drive. In hindsight, I wish we would have just kept driving.
When we arrived, there was a weird smell in the hallways on the first floor. Luckily, the room didn't smell. It was almost like a strong ammonia smell - very strange. Overall, the hotel was fine. We didn't have any issues with check in or check out and there was lots of parking.
We did have one small issue with the room and that was that it was so extremely hot in the room and there was no way to cool it off. We had the heat off and it was still too hot. None of us slept well and we all woke up with headaches and stuffy noses in the morning. We were all tired and cranky. It's a shame because the beds were actually comfortable - it was just the temperature of the room that ruined it for us.
The set up of the room was kind of weird too - the sink was outside the bathroom. I guess they thought it would give you the ability to share the sink area while someone else used the bathroom but it was just an odd setup and surprisingly didn't offer a lot of counter space.
I did lots of research on the area hotels and this sounds like it's the best available in the area. I guess i would recommend it if you had to stay in Alliance. A better recommendation would be to keep driving and stay in another city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank wellermdfan
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here on October 22, 2012 on our way from Mt Rushmore to Denver We needed to get a head start on our trip to catch a plane. We chose this hotel because we could be fairly sure of the brand and the price was not much more than some of the old fashioned motels available.
The staff was very helpful and changed our room to a first floor one as the elevator was broken.
The pool was warm and the hot tub very nice and appropriately "HOT''
The breakfast was nice with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and pancakes along with traditional cold food such as cereal, fruit, bagels and delicious cinniman rolls.
All and all it was very nice as well as being the only game in town.

Room Tip: If the elevator is still broken stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy K
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business. I am a Platinum Priority Club member so I received a free upgrade. They were very nice at checkin and had my room and keys ready, which was great after a long drive. The room was huge. It had a living room, dining room, bedroom, and bathroom. One of the largest hotel rooms I've stayed in. I stay in a wide range of hotels from 5 stars on down and this Holiday Inn Express was very nice for a Holiday Inn Express. It isn't a 5 star property obviously but it is clean, it has large rooms, and a very friendly staff.

I didn't try out the business center, pool, or workout room but all seemed nice and clean. The breakfast was typical for a HIE and was hot and fresh. Every employee I encountered was friendly and helpful.

I was going back and forth between 3 or 4 stars, because this seemed a little overpriced for a HIE. I think I payed around $140/night which seems a little pricey to me. Overall it is still a very nice hotel though. I would like to give 3.5 stars.

There aren't a lot of options in Alliance, but if I return I will definitely be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ebat
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We spent the weekend here while visiting family in the area. This is our second stay. Our room had two queen (I think) beds, a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, which definitely makes a stay with kids more pleasant. The pool opens at 6 AM! Our kids spent hours in the pool, and loved it. The pool appeared to have been clean and well maintained, although it was really hot in there if you weren't swimming. Our rooms were clean and maintained well also. Free continental breakfast had hot and cold foods, so it was better than a lot of free hotel breakfasts. The cinnamon rolls were a hit with the kids, and the sausages, eggs, and bacon were pretty popular also. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: I'd stay on the second (top) floor if I had to do it over. The floors didn't seem to be wel...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank maddiemae81
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here on a railfanning trip as it seemed the only superior quality hotel in town. It provided the standard HIX experience with a comfortable room and varied breakfast. The reception staff were also helpful, allowing me to check in early on a 100 degree plus day and recommending the excellent Ken and Dale’s restaurant. But the price of $140, the highest I paid on a two-week vacation across the Mid-West, was way too high for what was on offer, particularly as Alliance is not exactly a mainstream town unless you like railroads. On driving round town I noticed other modern-looking hotels which I will try on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo