“LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Nebraska
“LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Homestead Diner is the best place to eat in Alliance! Everything tastes like it was made in Grandma's kitchen. Prices are reasonable & the restaurant is clean & bright.

• Visited November 2013

“Great home cooking at great prices”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nothing is better than cinnamon rolls and soup made from scratch on a cold winter day! Of course the Homestead has quite an extensive menu with many breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices. They also run specials on Thursday and Friday nights such as hand battered fried chicken or prime rib. Their prices are reasonable and you get a lot for your money. There's no where else you can get a prime rib supper for $11.99. The staff is friendly and efficient and because the restaurant is on the small side, diners usually end up visiting with each other. It is a very homey atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
berryton, ks
“BUS DRIVER'S REVIEW”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was driving a tour bus back from the Black Hills to Kansas and had been routed through Alliance, NE with the plan to stop at McD's for dinner. In my pre-trip research of the itinerary, I though that perhaps on the next to the last day of the trip, something other than fast food might be in order. I Googled restaurants in Alliance and found Homestead with some good reviews. I talked to my tour escort who agreed to give it a try. We called ahead and tables had been placed together prior to our arrival. We all ordered different things off the menu and all items were delivered promptly, as fast as we would have waited in line at the fast food joints. Without exception, everyone in the group including myself were very pleased with the quality and quantity of our meals. We had to divert 2 mi east off US285 but it was sure worth it. We were waited on by a very nice young lady and the owner/manager lady was very cordial as well. I had the chicken fried steak and normally prefer pan fried, but their deep fried was the best I have ever eaten. The salad bar was fresh and adequate, I think the potato salad was homemade and I loved it. On the bus after leaving, our tour guide asked for a show of hands and everyone acknowledge that it was a great place to stop. Homestead is a hidden treasure and I would recommend it to any bus group needing lunch or dinner passing through Alliance or to anyone wanting a good home cooked type meal. I would mention that the restaurant is located in a building that is not new and a bit unassuming but don't let that prevent you from enjoying some really good food. I sure hope I have the chance to be in that area again someday around meal time

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kansasman46
Nebraska USA
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had read the reviews and wanted to eat here. We tried on a sunday night only to find they close at 2pm on Sundays. So, we called Monday morning/labor day to ensure they were open for breakfast. It was and we and another couple enjoyed a full and delicious meal. I had the ham/cheese omelet and hashbrowns (they even added onion/cheese at my request). The salsa on the side was good and the coffee was perfect abs frequently poured. Prices were very reasonable. Others in our party raved about the pancakes. The service was good (though we did see an elderly couple leave after not being served after a period of time). We would all highly recommend this as a great place for breakfast (this was our last meal before leaving town otherwise we would have tried it for dinner). They take credit cards.

• Visited September 2013
Amarillo, Texas, United States
“Great value with American cuisine”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Mount Rushmore- the service was great and the food was fast and very yummy (everyone had a clean plate afterwards).

• Visited July 2013