“The JJJ Ranch in Montana is a great place to hang your hat for a while.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
JJJ Wilderness Ranch
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The JJJ is much more than just one more item to cross off the "bucket list". We recently returned from one of our best vacations ever. Always wanting to visit Big Sky Country (Montana), I did my typical thorough research before vacationing someplace new and discovered the JJJ to be a jewel in the rough. I had three objectives for this trip, relax, a lot of horseback riding, and some fly fishing. I'm happy to say that all three exceeded my expections. More importantly, my skeptical wife had the time of her life all week. Ernie and Kim Barker are the proprietors and your hosts each and every day. They are all about customer service and ensuring your stay with them is top notch. Your needs and wants are always met with a smile. Singles, couples or families get to stay in their own private cabin and bath, which is very nice. The accomodations were very clean and comfortable. The hired cook and her helpers produced facinating meals three times each day and we never left the table hungry. The wranglers were all very experienced, knowledgeable, and customer focused. We went on so many incredible rides into the country, fields, backwoods, mountains, and river trails. the views were breathtaking and even all the photos we took do not do it justice. For those that desired, having the ability to really gallop your horse vs. just walking along truly made the difference for us. This is one vacation we will always fondly remember.

Room Tip: We did not take a tour of the other cabins, but everyone we spoke with was very happy with their acc...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark B

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I visited the Triple J ranch the first week of June, and I can say without a doubt, this trip was good for my soul. I had only ridden twice before in my life, but the wranglers were knowledgeable and I felt completely safe on the horse. The scenery alone is a reason to go on this trip. The sites are absolutely breathtaking.

Ernie and Kim are some of the nicest and most hospital l people I have ever met. In fact, the entire staff was very welcoming and courteous. They make it so that your vacation is what you make out of it... if you want to go fishing, one of the wranglers will take you... if you want to go an all day ride or do some work in the arena, they will make it work for you. It is a laid back and enjoyable environment.

Some other great things about this ranch... the food was delicious. Every meal was fantastic and they made sure to cater to anyone who had food allergies. Also, the cabin I stayed at was absolutely beautiful and very spacious. Lastly, there is a great hot tub that feels amazing to use after a long day of riding.

In the brochure, Ernie writes that you will be sad to go on your last day and he couldn't have been more right. It was sad to leave the ranch, but I definitely plan on visiting again. It really is a trip of a lifetime... you will not regret it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Meghan M
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Outstabding! The best experience ever. Truly out in the wild wilderness. Bears, lions , tigers and even a few big chimps running around. This is the wildest place ever.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank TripReviewer2012
DudeRanchCowgirl, Owner at JJJ Wilderness Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

This review made us smile ... not sure about the lions, tigers and chimps, though!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Kim and Ernie Barker, along with their wranglers and staff, have figured out how to give folks a week in paradise. I can't say enough good things about the personal and warm welcome they give to all who come to their ranch. No detail is overlooked and they go out of their way to attend to all the details of every guest, be it in the lodge or out on the trail. Why oh why did I wait 50 years to take a vacation on a horse ranch in the Rockies? Put this place on your bucket list!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DivaLB
Reviewed August 29, 2011

If you want the experience of a lifetime join Kim & Ernie at the JJJ Ranch for a week! It doesn't matter if you have never rode, rode a little or have been in the saddle all of your life this is the place for you! They will make sure your stay is "phenomenal" as my husband put it! The country is majestic. The horses are well kept and you will be provided the perfect mount for your ability. If you have your own horse and saddle and are afraid of riding a different horse and saddle, don't be. Years of experience under the belt for Ernie and he will fit you perfect. The food? Well words can't tell you how great that was. The most amazing thing was when it was all over....you hated to say goodbye. You meet friends that will be remembered for the rest of your life. The wranglers and kitchen crew become part of your family and the guest just the same. I can never explain what an awesome adventure this was. Oh yeah....the cabins are great! You also have free laundry facilities. Free transport to and from the airport. GO! GO!

Room Tip: If you are arriving early and need a room in town or have a late departure stay at the Best Western...
Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ldod
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The team at Tripe J ranch personally made my trip of a life time. Five friends and I travelled all the way from the the UK for a truly unique and personal adventure in the Rocky mountains of Montana. The accomodation was authentic cowboy ranch style cabins with all the necessary touches, the hospitality was totally personal and the food just delicious, but most importantly the horses were well cared for and very fun to ride. The team all ensured we had a fantastic experience and were flexible to our needs on a daily basis to ensure we got to see the most amazing wilderness sights that the area had to offer. The end of a long day riding was topped off with a relaxing dip in the jacuzzi followed by a sing along around the open fire. I would highly recommend this ranch to groups of friends, couples and families. A memorable experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MBambino
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Thanks to Ernie, Kim and the Triple J Gang for a most enjoyable and memorable vacation! The only thing better than the views, food, accommodations and activities were the people we met...especially important for our kids (age 12). Save us a horse...we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelot1998

Been to JJJ Wilderness Ranch? Share your experiences!