“Clean and friendy”
Review of Marcus Daly Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Anaconda
Marcus Daly Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Anaconda
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I just loved this place. First, I must say that I am a no-frills kind of gal and this place is nothing fancy and an older motel. My room was spotless! The sheets were soft and fresh. The pillows were comfy. The owner is absolutely delightful and she really goes out of her way to make her guests feel welcome and cared for. She brought me a coffeemaker to use. She suggested I check out the local movie theater (The Washoe Theatre) to admire its architecture. That was absolutely fabulous-it will take your breath away. I was on a trip to visit family in Montana, but I had never been to Anaconda. I thought it was really charming. It's towns like this that remind me of why I love Montana. My short stay in Anaconda left me feeling that the town has a lot of heart, but that might have been because of Fay, the owner of the Marcus Daly Motel!

Room Tip: The owner will help you with that.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ComfortCozySeeker

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have traveled the U.S and abroad extensively for my job and pleasure, On a Ski trip to Discovery Mountain for the 1st time in 2010 my wife and I stumbled in to the Marcus Daly after having a unpleasant stay at a place in Philipsburg. We were immediately greeted by the friendly owner Faye who went into great detail on the cleaning process for each room, This was music to our ears,
The Marcus Daly is a Mom/Pop type motel, it is not your typical chain Motel/Hotel. The rooms are large and uncluttered and contain air/heat, cable flat screen TV, wireless internet, microwave, re-fridge and very clean comfortable beds! Not to mention a very clean bathroom/shower area.
This is my 3rd stay here at the Marcus Daly and I plan on returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Todd L
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My company booked me a room here when I had to work overnight in Anaconda. It was a pleasant surprise. The owner was so nice! She kept commenting on their great showers and new comfy mattresses. She was right! The rooms were so clean it made me embarrassed to think about my house! I even took a bath in the tub without feeling the need to scrub it with the bleach wipes I brought! All rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. I have offered to work in Anaconda again just to have the chance to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Our_MT_Life
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The Marcus Daly is an older motel with large rooms, air conditioning, microwave, cable tv, refrigerator, and comfortable beds. The room was spotless and within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and very reasonably priced. The owner Faye is very friendly and helpful.

We had stayed the night before in Phillipsburg at the Kaiser House which was an overpriced swelteringly hot tourist trap nightmare, so the Marcus Daly was an Oasis for us. I would recommend anyone visiting Phillipsburg drive the extra 30 miles to Anaconda and stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingman1945
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We always stay here when we're in Anaconda. It's a landmark in Anaconda. Older but always clean. The rooms are big and roomy with comfy new mattresses, pillows and nice linens and towels. The shower is the old fashioned kind with lots of pressure! Big new flat screen tv if that matters to you. The owners are so friendly and will fix you up with anything you might need. The hotel was full for reunions and Art in the Park weekend, but all was quiet and in working order. We'll be back whenever we need to stay in Anaconda.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank islandgirllil
Reviewed July 17, 2011

It's nice to be able to get some helpful reviews when traveling to a small town like Anaconda. The Marcus Daley is a great place to stay: immaculately clean, friendly, helpful owner and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tenmiletraveler
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We went to Fairmont with my brother and his children. (4 adults, 7 children total). The state wrestling tournament was in Butte so there was nothing in Butte to rent. I had to settle for Anaconda and we were glad we did. This place is very small and quaint. It has an inclosed parking lot and the owner lives on site. It is not under a chain flag so she gets to do whatever she wants with her rooms and they are nice. All beds were quality pillowtop mattresses and the bathroom was very clean and bright. In the morning my wife asked me if I was cold because I had the blankets pulled all the way up to my chin and I was snuggled up. Nope I was extremely comfortable. I slept like a rock. I dont sleep like that on my own damn bed

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank chriswagner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaconda
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Travelodge Deer Lodge Montana
Montana Sky Lodge
Montana Sky Lodge
#1 of 4 in Anaconda

Been to Marcus Daly Motel? Share your experiences!