“Fun, historic place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went on a Friday night. Our server was attentive, but she couldn't help with anything on the menu because she said she was new and hadn't tried most of the dishes. We were impressed with the salads and the blackened prime rib. However, my wife's regular prime rib was not nearly as flavorful as my blackened one was. It's a beautiful, historic building.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

If you were looking for something wrong you couldn't find it.
This place was incredible. There were four in our party and it was great, everyone loved it.
From the appetizers Potato Skins & Onion Blossom to Fish to Pasta to Steak to the Wine and Fresh Baked Bread you can't beat this place.
Our server so outstanding, she was very kind and very knowledgeable about the menu and the history of the building.
It was such a great dinner you would never think you were in a small town in Southwest Missouri.
This place is a class act, so don't go in thinking you are going to get something this outstanding and except to pay the same price as other restaurants.
For a party of four to eat a one of a kind dinner and a bottle of great wine you can expect to pay $100.00 but it will be one of the best $100.00 you have ever spent.
Have a great time and enjoy your lunch or dinner!!!
Thank you Bootleggers for a great dinner and a great time.

1  Thank Gosomewhereelse51642
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We always leave Bootleggers happy. The meals always come out fresh and hot, the rolls are great, and the you have a nice selection of beverages. It's a good place for your family or just for couples. The bar is smaller but quaint. Not sure but I think they still allow smoking in the bar. Might be wrong because we don't ever go in there due to the chance of smoke. Just not something I want to smell or inhale with my meal. But I can't be against that. . . there aren't many establishments left that those that still choose to smoke can go to and have a nice meal. Our little area towns have had a hard time keeping a restaurant open. Bootleggers has survived that and continues to please. Looking forward to going back -maybe this weekend!

1  Thank ThadH781
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I eat at Bootleggers quite often their blackened prime rib is to die for but I have eaten many different things & never had a bad meal. My husband said he got a different type of steak that was medioker but I love their food.

1  Thank Cjmagg
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I ordered the horseradish encrusted salmon. It was awesome. The sauce was a little rich but great food. The restaurant is in an old bank building which is nice to see and they actually brew beer in the old vault.