“"Prime Rib" is a major failure”

Ashley Rose Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband & I ate at Ashley's Rose Restaurant after walking around two blocks of Augusta for about 1/2 an hour, trying to find the place. First of all, there are 2 different addresses online & even the street signs in Augusta seem to point to the incorrect address. I had to call the restaurant phone number to find out Ashley's is actually located INSIDE the White House Inn (or something to that effect.) My husband & I don't recall seeing any signs OUTSIDE the establishment showing the name, but perhaps we overlooked something. Unfortunately, VERY few places in Augusta are open past 5:30 on a Tuesday night, so we just dealt with it.

Inside it was hot & stuffy - it was 95 outside, didn't feel like the AC was on & they didn't have the ceiling fans on very high. The waitress seemed nice enough, but we ordered 2 8 oz prime ribs (should have been about $15.95 each), with "vegetable", roll & potato on the side. What we received (and were charged for) were 2 12 oz fatty pieces of "meat" that appear to have been boiled rather than grilled, filling the plate with 1/4 in of bloody water (perhaps their version of au jus sauce), which the potatoes & "vegetables" were swimming in - no roll on side. The "vegetables" appeared to have once been zucchini, squash & maybe onion, but might either have been boiled in, or perhaps absorbed, the disgusting meat juice. My potato was "twice baked", which I assumed would be hard to get wrong. It tasted like someone had ashed into my food. :( My husband had the baked potato, which he said was average.

Our total bill for this digusting fare was about $43. The waitress didn't seem surprised that we did not ask for to go boxes & the other waitstaff seemed more involved with watching Wheel of Fortune down by the bar than inquiring about our needs.

3  Thank ElizWilley

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had a reservation which wasn't necessary since we were the only two people there on a Tuesday night. I had the strip steak sandwich which was very good.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We weren't real hungry so we got the roast beef All the food looked and sounded great and the service was great too!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We ate here as it was were breakfast is served for the Augusta Wine Country Inn. We started with fruit and sweet breads, followed by stuffed french toast, then eggs benedict (had an omelet the second morning) with potato pancakes and sausage. A very large breakfast and never empty cup of coffee.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I loved the location of this restuarant in the heart of Augusta. I had a stuffed chicken breast w/ seafood- AWESOME! The server was very pleasant and attentive! Prices were adequate for the melt in your mouth taste of the food! Great restuarant choice!