“The experience just keeps getting better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
H. S. Clay House B & B and Guest Cottaage
Ranked #6 of 9 Augusta B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was our 8th visit to the HS Clay House since 2004 and we have yet to have anything other than a peaceful, relaxing, and wonderful visit. Leigh and Alan do an amazing job of keeping the house decor updated, yet maintain the highly comfortable, homey feel that is part of the experience of staying there. They are true hospitality professionals who will go to any length to make their customers enjoy their visit. They have gone out of their way to not only welcome us, but to give us a very personal level of service on each visit which is what we have seem them provide for all guests. Their home is amazing, warm, and by now feels like our home (only without any work being done by us). Alan's breakfasts are simply incredible and have to be experienced to be understood. From clean, comfortable rooms to gourmet breakfast, great appetizers in the evening, welcoming common areas, and a quiet private bedroom with modern amenities in which to relax it is easy to spend a relaxing day and never leave the house. The HS Clay House is one of the happiest places my wife and I have ever been and we cannot wait to go back again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and have different decor. Turret Suite and Tree Top Suite have private baths...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ericpeters

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I were looking to stay at a Bed & Breakfast in Augusta near the Katy Trail for biking and winery & brewery visits. We recommend the H. S. Clay House and Guest Cottage to all our friends looking for this sort of get away! Leigh and Alan are wonderful hosts and the breakfasts rival any we have ever had! The best! We stay in the Guest Cottage and absolutely love it! The grounds are romantic and the rooms are extremely charming! We try to book several days there every year!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were celebrating my birthday and decided to go up to Augusta. We had a wonderful night at the Clay House--only wish we could have stayed longer. Leigh and Alan are the perfect hosts and a most entertaining couple. The food was delicious, the rooms were clean and furnished to the hilt, the grounds were magical-- replete with gardens, hot tub, pool and lots of sitting areas for everyone. The area offers many choices on weekends for dining. We had the Montelle Winery sunset dinner which Leigh reccomended. The view from montelle's patio is dreamy and the food was 5 star. We will be back!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong in any room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imberk
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the guest cottage for a celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary. We found the cottage charming, and well equipped for our needs. It was spacious and cozy at the same time, and another big plus-plenty of towels. The antique bed was very comfortable. The vaulted ceiling and beams have a wonderful, vintage feel. We will definitely stay in the cottage again. The main house is full of character, and just beautiful. It was also full of collectibles and antiques. I love to collect "things" also, but I was amazed at how well such a wealth of objects could be tastefully displayed. Alan and Christina (also known as Leigh) were wonderful hosts, and oh, the breakfasts! They were so delicious, and that alone could be a reason to return. We very much enjoyed the happy hour presented to guests each evening, delicious! The garden was very lush and pleasant. If you simply drive by, that, along with the fairy lights enveloping the property, certainly catch the eye. Speaking of the fairy lights, the inside of the house just twinkles, including the crystal on the sitting room mantle, quite magical. We feel our hosts make a lot of sacrifices to insure their guests have a relaxing, comfortable and charming stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We've not had a better one-night stay than we just did, at the Clay House. The interior is magical. The grounds are exquisitely landscaped. The proprietors make their guests feel like the home is theirs for the time they're there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The B&B dreams are made of!!! Leigh and Alan are true professionals! This home is a true diamond in the ruff with so much to offer, and so cozy I feel that five stars just arnt enough. Its the most beautiful place I have ever stayed with a uniqueness and charm I cant put into words. The food was 5 star on its own and the service was out of this world! Warm, welcoming, and so relaxing! Its just what I needed! I wish I could stay forever! I will be comming back agin and agin. This B&B has more then earned itsself the spot as my number one choice for the perfect weekend getaway!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Hannah C
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband & I stayed a night here after visiting a few of the area wineries. Alan & Leigh were fabulous! Alan's cooking was some of the best we ever had! Leigh was very informative and welcoming upon arrival. We very much recommend this B&B and will stay again if we visit Augusta again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to H. S. Clay House B & B and Guest Cottaage? Share your experiences!