“Wedding in Augusta”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Augusta
Edelweiss Guest House & Luxury Suites
Ranked #9 of 9 Augusta B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Wedding in Augusta”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

As part of a wedding in Augusta, my family (19 of us) rented all the rooms in the Edelweiss Guest House and the Augusta Wine Country Inn. Both properties have the same owners so coordinating the stay between the two houses was very easy. I was able to check-in for all the rooms and then just directed my family members to each room where the keys were there waiting for them. There are some nice common areas in the Edelweiss where we gathered after the wedding. Of course, renting the whole house made it all very easy to take over and enjoy the house late into the night.
Both B&Bs serve breakfast at the Ashley Rose Restaurant (which is adjacent to the Edelweiss). The breakfast was very good and we were all able to pre-order our eggs any style we wanted, including fried, scramble, omelettes, and eggs Benedict (their speciality). The restaurant was opened only for us which made it very accommodating for our large group. We all showed up at the agreed upon time and the food started showing up.
All the rooms at the two houses are very different and have their own charm. The luxury suites, Miss Heather and Miss Kim, at the Edelweiss are the most spacious both in terms of the sleeping and bath areas. Check the room descriptions carefully as some rooms don’t have standing showers.
We had a very smooth stay for such a big group. Jan and Kate were very accommodating through the whole process. We had various special requests which were all handled quickly and efficiently. The reservations, check-in, and breakfast all went very well. I very much appreciate the service and attention we received during our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Caseyville, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Heather room is nice and comfortable with a great jacuzzi tub. We were warmly greeted by Jan and she made sure we had all we needed. She was also very informative about the area and was happy to share that with us. She made sure our breakfast was to our satisfaction and provided gluten free choices for me. Augusta is very quiet and a relaxing place to visit. When you compare prices, this place is the best price for all you get.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle B
Washington, MO
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. The room was excellent and the service was terrific. You couldn't ask for a better place to get away from the world and just relax. Neither of us drink wine, but that didn't detract from our stay at all. Even if wine isn't your thing you'll still love your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NKP1010
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a two-night stay at the Edelweiss. On the whole, things improved, but things were rocky at first. We biked in from St Louis, and were exhausted, filthy, and sweaty upon our arrival. We walked in still wearing bike helmets, and were greeted by Jan, the hostess, with cordiality.... But she looked at us like we were aliens. Odd, since the joint is located on the Katy Trail and there are lots of bikers. Secondly, we arrived outside of the 3-5pm arrival window and when I inquired about the wine and appetizer upon arrival, I was curtly informed that we missed that. We were taken to our room, the Miss Jane, which was small but nice. Comfortable bed, nice jacuzzi tub. The toilet is not in a separate room, but rather a corner of the bedroom, enclosed by three walls that don't quite touch the floor or the ceiling. Be forewarned... You might not really want to get down to business with your beloved right on the other side. The food at the Ashley Rose Restaurant was fantastic, and Paul and Ashley were warm and friendly. Yet, my biggest complaint with Edelweiss is with the food. At the time of our reservation, there's an inquiry about special requests during your stay. I indicated that my boyfriend and I are gluten free, and that I'm mostly vegetarian. Upon arrival, Jan made it quite clear that our diet would not be catered to in any way. We ate what was provided, and it was delicious, but it obviously came with a price since neither of us tolerates gluten. During our first morning's breakfast, Jan asked if we needed anything with regard to the room, I said I thought we were fine, that we had enough towels, etc. we came to find out later that day, that our beds would not even be made, used towels were not removed, and the room was not freshened in any way - completely untouched. That was surprising. Finally, I had made it clear that we were traveling to Augusta for my boyfriends 30th. It didn't seem like Jan did anything special to make our stay, and his birthday, that much nicer. With all that said, the food at Ashley Rose's was great, and the Edelweiss has a lower price point than some of the spots around it. There are some nice features, but it needs improvement.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Erin M
Lahaina, Hawaii
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Edelweiss Guest House made for a wonderful Labor Day weekend getaway. It's located in the quaint and historic town of Augusta. My husband and I were greeted by Jan when we arrived. She was very personable and gave us some great information on nearby wineries and restaurants. Our room was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed. The jacuzzi tub was AWESOME! Also located in the room were some homemade cookies that were 'to die for'. Thanks Jan! The Bed & Breakfast is so conveniently located. We were within walking distance of the Augusta Brewery and several other local wineries. One of those wineries, The Holy Grail, was making it's opening debut and we had the privilege of a wine tasting there. We wish them the best of success! Also visited nearby Balducci, Blumenhoff, Chandler Hills and Montelle wineries. The breakfast is served at the next door Ashley Rose restaurant. The food was delicious and everyone on the staff was very friendly. We will definitely be recommending Edelweiss to our family and friends! Thanks for some great memories!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I spent our second stay in Augusta at Edelweiss and had a great time. The location is great and only a short walk to the Augusta Winery(cool wine and beer garden up the short hill with live music on the weekends), Mount Pleasant Winery, and Augusta Brewery. The Katy Trail is really close by as well which is great for biking, running, or just strolling.
On arrival we had some cheese and crackers with a glass of wine and shortly headed to our room that was stocked with bottled water and some cookies. We stayed at both of the rooms on the lower level and enjoyed them both. The breakfast was amazing. The eggs benedict, french toast, and potato cakes were great. Augusta as a whole is a great stop if you want to experience the Missouri wine country or bike down the Katy Trail. Sugar Creek winery is just a few miles from Edelweiss if you want a close destination to bike to on the Katy Trail. The staff and owners at Edelweiss are all realy nice and I believe you would have a great time there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Festus, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a wonderful, nearby weekend away. The hostess Jan and owner Kathryn were both very welcoming and were available at any time. The room was nice and clean, it was a quiet private room perfect for a couple weekend. Very comfortable room, would highly recommend, we stayed in the Miss Evelyn room. The Guest House is located in town and is an easy little drive to wineries on either side of town. The breakfast served was a great, filling breakfast with their wonderful stuffed french toast and special Edelweiss Eggs Benedict. Also, convenient Ashley's Rose Restuarant located in lower part of building, uses local homegrown products when available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Edelweiss Guest House & Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!