“GREAT FIND” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in St. Wolfgang
Vancouver, Canada
“GREAT FIND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I went to St wolfgang as a last minute decision. I arrived by bus from Bad Ischl. I had no reservation. I just though I do not want to drag my stuff around and I will take the first hotel I see. I entered the Cortisen. The reception area was nice. And immediately you see the interior design is warm and with personal touch. The lady at the disk asked me to see the rooms available and choose what I like. It was magnificent in a settle way. I was planning to stay a day and I ended staying for 3 nights and I would have stayed longer if I had more time. Every room is different. The furnishing is modern and esthetic. The room had all these gadgets that I did not see in 5 star hotels, a flat screen TV, not much english channels though, DVD, music/radio box, iPod with speaker charger. there is a balcony over looking the lake. Nice amenities available in the washroom. the place is spotless clean. The staff are amazing. The breakfast was really good. Mr Roland, the owner and manger really impressed me with his very courteous attitude. He lent me his backpack and hiking sticks to use as I was hiking up in the mountains. He provided the maps and instructions. I really had a great time. It felt personal and familiar. The hotel had original paintings all over.. it would be great to have ability to make coffee and tea in the room as it would be nice to read at night in the balcony. One can not stay for extended period as the price could be an issue but I will definitely like to go back for longer time. The outer terrace is at the edge of the lake. I would imagine it would be terrific in summer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OSHY1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The Cortisen am See Hotel is truly an experience beyond just being a hotel. The decor is so well done; funky yet so stylish. A room facing the lake provides a fantastic view of Wolfgangsee. The location is perfect, the staff is very accommodating and the selection of travel books is impressive. A must if visiting the Salzkammergut in Austria.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the lake...beautiful view and very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We just had 5 amazing days at the Cortisen am See. What a beautiful place. Roland went out of his way to provide us an unforgetable hotel experience. The hospitality is just amazing. We will definately return. Whoever is planning to go, just enjoy it to the fullest.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Theresa063
Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our second stay in Cortisen and we were not disappointed. We had the Suite at the Top and the view was spectacular from a huge window. You could lie in bed and watch the view! It was very private. Top notch toiletries provided. Parking is over the road in the public multi storey but you don't have to pay. Spaces are on the small side but we hovered around until someone vacated a larger one!! The location is excellent and we were visiting the Christmas market which was excellent and just 5 min walk from hotel. Restaurant is fab. We ate there on our last night of two in St Wolfgang and it was excellent food and affordable wine. Roland and his team run a tidy ship and I would highly recommend a stay here and treat yourselves to a suite it is worth it as all are different! We will return!

Room Tip: Book a suite!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SnowQueen007
Frankfurt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Beautiful rooms. Good food. Nice staff. The garden is bit small but the lake is direct in front. If you like something different from typical austrian style hotels,this is the one to choose. It is modern stylish and up to date.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

A true gem of a hotel! A unique place to relax and unwind. Great interior design with much attention to details. Very stylish, individually designed rooms with stunning views of the lake and the mountains. Great art all over the place, a wide selection of art books, an excellent restaurant with outstanding choices of food. Personal and attentive service. Though traveling a lot, this is one of my absolute favorites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

On our recent trip to St. Wolfgang, one of the owners, Roland Ballner went out of his way to provide us with an extraordinary hotel experience. He went above and beyond in terms of making us feel welcome, including restaurant and hotel recommendations in other European cities we were heading to next. We love the hotel. We loved the restaurant in the hotel. We loved our room and our balcony overlooking the lake and everything else about Cortisen Am See. But
Roland just made it all more special. I highly recommend this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple