“Not bad for a quick bite to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hubertus Keller

Hubertus Keller
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in St. Wolfgang
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Not bad for a quick bite to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had dinner here - the food was limited and OK. The service was friendly and quite quick. The Dorfalm is better for variety, atmosphere and decor, but Hubertus Keller was adequate.

Visited December 2012

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Oakland, California
“Wide variety, high quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second dinner at the Hubertuskeller. The menu has all of the local specialties and many you don't find elsewhere, such as a large selection (in the fall) of game dishes. I especially liked the baked zander (pike perch) filet with a crust of small shrimps.

Visited September 2012
Vienna, Austria
“half cooked fish !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was perhaps the most expensive evening meal we had in St Wolfgang and by far the worst. Beginning by the most watery garlic soup I have ever tasted, served luke warm, we waited a long time for main course which arrived poorly prepared. My sister's fish was still raw in the middle. Not undercooked but raw. The waiter agreed immediately and the chef came to our table but then argued with us. In fairness he offered another fish but my sister had been put off. He insisted to create a desert concoction which she did not really want but gave them an excuse to charge us the full price for the uneaten half cooked fish. My own Wienerschnitzel was almost inedible. It seemed to have been pre-cooked. I am a foreigner and I am English but I live in Vienna so I know what a properly cooked Schnitzel is like. I am also suspicious that when trout arrives at the table uncooked in the middle that it is being cooked from frozen. Sorry, I admire the chef for coming to speak to us, if only to take the view that he was right and we - and our waiter - were wrong. I don't like wrangling about bills to I paid the lot and left a tip for the waiter - it was not his fault the cooking is so bad. But I would certainly not go back and I do spend a lot of time in the village.If it were just the fish one might have given them the benefit of the doubt but luke warm watered down Kloblauchcremesuppe is unforgiveable.

• Visited August 2012
bristol
“Great food friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

WE tried both a lunch and dinner here and had good food on both occasions and very friendly service the local wine was also very good

• Visited August 2011
Australia
“Great local Meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

Real Local dishes with friendly service. The Venison is unmatched anywhere we have dined before. The staff are friendly, multilingual and efficient. As we are Australian they took time to explain the many dishes on offer even though they have menus in many languages. The place is nearly always full when we have been there. So I suggest getting in early or booking.

1 Thank Bill M