“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Wisconsin
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is the first time we have stayed here, we have stay at its adjacent drury inn. The rates were good, considering that this is St. Louis. The rooms were very clean. They are pet friendly. The work out room was awesome. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. All and all it was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: They don't have an in-house restaurant, but they are surrounded, literally within walking distan...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
IL
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Tis is the first time i have stayed here since the Drury Inn opened thier brand new hotel next door. Now branded the Pear Tree Inn, i was happy to stay here again. Not much has changed except the evening snack offerings are chips and pretzels vs more substantial food offered at the Drury. No big deal. I was pleasantly surprised to be offered a nice adult beverage at the end of the day. Wine or beer.

The traffic is very heavy in this location so I took advantage of dining at the Denny's next door. Walking distance. Not a fav of mine but i enjoyed a wonderful grilled chicken salad with apples, pecans, spring mix etc. yum!!

Breakfast was a hot one...great!
As expected, the room was comfortable and i will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have always been very pleased. When making reservations the staff were outstanding. The rooms are always clean, it is quiet, and the breakfast is fantastic. You don't even have to stop at the desk to check out, the bill is put under your door on your last night there. Try it, I think you will love it.

Room Tip: We have always stayed on first floor and never had any trouble getting a good nights rest.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakebay, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We decided to stay here based on their TripAdvisor rating and they did not disappoint. Our first night here we had a few issues. We were in unit 312 which is very convenient to the the elevator but has some issues. First off our fridge wasn't working, I spoke to the front desk and they told me how to check the temp of the fridge, it was turned all the way up. It was a bit of a disappointment but we could live with it. Around 10:30 I noticed that the room seemed kind of smokey, so I tried to discover where it was coming from. I went into the bathroom and it smelled like an ashtray which I suppose wouldn't be such an issue if I weren't allergic cigarettes. I called down to the front desk but because of the late hour there wasn't anything they could do. Then to top it off the A/C didn't seem to be working, we tried everything and the room just wouldn't cool off. So the room was not only smokey but hot, which made it impossible to sleep. I was told that the manager would be in at 7am so at 7am I walked down and discussed my issues with Ms. Amber St. Clair the general manager. She as well as the other members of her team were all very sympathetic and apologetic. She immediately offered to move me to another room, I was moved to room 109 which rocked!!! The fridge was super cold the A/C worked perfectly and absolutely no smoke which made the rest of our 4 day 3 night stay much more enjoyable, as enjoyable as a business trip can be. To top is off because my first night was so unpleasant the manager gave me a coupon for a free night at Drury good for the next year, she said she would have refunded the night but because I paid with Orbitz there was nothing she could do. Because of the remarkable service I was provided this is where I will stay every time I am in town from now on. Thanks again to Ms. St. Clair and her amazing team, I won't forget it!!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to smoke make sure you let them know so they can place you far away from the sm...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It appears that Drury has taken some of its older hotels and converted them to lower priced Pear Tree Inns. We tried this chain because they do not charge for pets and we were traveling with our small dog. The customer service at check in was outstanding. I only had to mention that the hallway outside our room smelled smoky (it was a non-smoking floor) and we were moved to a different floor. The breakfast is the same quality and quantity of food that you get at a Drury. The differences: the beds are not updated but are still comfortable; the rooms are smaller. However, at this hotel you share the pool with the Drury (the two hotels are attached on the 5th floor). The room was quiet, however my husband did find a live cockroach on his bed. The breakfast staff were friendly and helpful and even spoke to each other nicely. We were moving to the Pear Tree Inn downtown after two nights and the desk staff called and asked if we could check in early so we wouldn't have 3 hours without a room. We will definitely look for this chain again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I always stay here when we visit St. Louis. It's a quieter town than actually staying in St. Louis. We won't stay anywhere else. Great value and friendly staff!

• Stayed May 2012
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We picked this hotel for two reasons: 1. It is close to the St. Louis Airport (an easy 40 minute drive). 2. We had a coupon for a great price!
Deyon, the night clerk, could not have been nicer or more helpful. When we discovered that the room she assigned to us was not fully clean, she offered to come up and clean it or move us to another room. We opted for the latter, and she brought us the keys and offered to help us move. That room was very nice.
Soft drinks and popcorn were still available at our 8 PM arrival time, and the breakfast was very good.
I definitely recommend this site.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
WoodSpring Suites St. Louis Arnold
Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold? Share your experiences!