“the last room at the inn was very costly”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Because of the world series, room choices were at a minimum and we got the last room when I booked which included a heart shaped Jacuzzi tub. I tried to reduce my cost by calling re cancellations for three days to obtain a less expensive room. I am unhappy that I had to pay top dollar for the room with an amenity which was not used for four nights. I believed the hotel should have tried harder to get a less costly room once people began leaving the inn since our reservation was for four nights... we were not there for the world series. The price tag for this room was too steep for my budget, but we did not have a choice; we tried over many days and phone calls to lessen our expenses.

Room Tip: The comfort inn no longer changes sheets every day. Plastic water glasses were not replaced after u...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The personality and decor of this Comfort Inn is very similar to others in the chain, clean, comfortable and basic. However, the front desk service ROCKED it out of the park! Efficient, friendly, and personable. Love it! My room was large enough and had all the basic amenities I needed to be comfortable. The beds were great, slept well all four nights. Perfect location, plenty of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. (Beware, though, the city of Arnold hasn't fixed the pedestrian stoplights, so when the light is green, RUN!) The housekeeping staff is also personable and friendly, I was always greeted with smiles and pleasantries. The breakfast fare seemed standard; as I am vegan, I only ate the apples and bananas and they were good. My traveling colleagues said the food was okay. I didn't use the pool or spa, but my colleagues said the hot tub was too cool for comfort, yet the pool temperature was just right. My only issue was that the housekeeping staff kept forgetting to replenish my coffee. Small issue, a quick trip to the front desk was all it took! I would definitely stay here again if business brings me back here.

Room Tip: Get the top floor! We didn't hear our neighbors, but DID hear the folks upstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are looking for a family friendly facility, this is it! The front staff was very nice and friendly. The rooms are typical hotel size, but we were not looking for size as much as comfort, cleanliness and safety.

The breakfast was a great selection, although we arrived on a Saturday and left on a Wednesday and the bananas were still green. They had a wide enough variety that my picky eater was able to select something daily.

The pool temp was acceptable, however, there could have been a few more pool towels available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed overnight and would highly recommend !! Very clean and safe to stay at. Lots of restaurants and shopping, the service was excellent, fantastic breakfast, for both health conscience and those who like biscuits and gravy. Happy travels.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were in the area to visit family......I made the reservations on May 20, but when we called to confirm they did not have our two rooms. So had to take what ever was available 2 kings sized smoking rooms and lost the discount I originally had. Everything did work in the room, but there were very few towels and they didn't replace the coffee for the second day. The breakfast was very mediocre.......eggs with no cheese or anything to top them with no potatoes or meats, they advertise hot breakfast but was only powdered eggs and waffles that you made your self..... the rest was whole fruit and cereal..etc. The hotel overall was kind of unclean and un-kept looking. The staff was very nice though.

Ron & Deborah T.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Airconditioner didn't work. But provide me another room. Good thing. Stayed in King bed suite, they said they dont have pillows for sofa bed. Asked me to share pillows from king bed. asked me to pick up comforter for sofa bed from front desk. Stains in sofa bed and iron stand. Iron box tied with iron stand. very old iron box. First time seeing. I dont know the reason.
Not value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had to print something out and there was a problem with the internet connection in the lobby. The staff graciously allowed me to use the reservation computer to pull up my document and print it. The pool and hottub were a little cool - the hottub was about the temperature that the pool should have been. It was clean and quiet, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Comfort Inn Festus
Comfort Inn Festus
#2 of 4 in Festus

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!