“Good enough for the Holidays”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn over the holidays, it was very easy to get to from the Highway and very easy to get back on to the Highway the next morning. The rooms where very clean. The only down fall we endured during our stay was it seemed the walls where pretty thin. My wife and I felt like we had the children from a couple rooms away in our room. Other then that the beds where clean and comfy. Check in was super simple and had plenty of room for parking. An added bonus was having access to get in to the hotel from different sides of the building vs. just the front one.

Room Tip: Use price line to buy this hotel. It is cheaper then getting it directly from Comfort Inn's site...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for visiting us during the holidays! I apologize for the noise from other guests in the building. We will continue to strive to keep the noise level down-especially during nightly quiet hours so all of our guests can get some rest.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had prebooked this spot and had already paid for it or we would have run in the other direction. First the minute you walk into the lobby all you smell is chlorine from the pool that is right next to the lobby. Its horrible and takes your breath away. Our main issue was that 3 days prior to our arrival there was a flood on the second floor (a guest caused it) and it was so bad that it went through to the first floor, now when we arrived we were sent to one of the rooms that had been flooded (on first floor) and the room smelled so bad from the mildew of the still wet floors that we couldnt stay in the room. We went back to the front desk and then we were told about the flood..We asked to stay on the third floor. The smell wasnt quite as bad up there but you could still smell the chlorine and the third floor is has smoking rooms as well..so despite being "away" from the smoking rooms you could still smell it in the hallway and on the elevator. There is no microwave in the room, no ice box in the room. they have vending machines where u can buy soda for $1.75 and they do have ice machines on the third floor. The beds were hard as rocks..personally I think I could bounce a rock on it and the rock would break..some people like firm beds..Im not one of them. Other then offering to "allow" us to have a room on the third floor, the staff didnt offer us anything in ways of compensation for our troubles. They claimed since we didnt pay them directly there was nothing they could do for us. The breakfast was ok..nothing to write home about. They did have biscuits and gravy and waffles and rubbery scrambled eggs..but it was stocked while we were there. I would NEVER stay here again. They do have free wifi in the lobby, I didnt check if it was in the room as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the review. I am so sorry that your stay was unsatisfactory and that the smell that resulted from the flood was overbearing. My maintenance staff and I worked to remove it right after as fast as we could. I invite you to stay with us again and give us another try to make it right.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious. The beds are comfortable. The staff is terrific. Convenient walking distance to restaurants and a CVS right across the street. I've stayed here on more than one occasion, and am treated well each time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ric J

Thanks for visiting our hotel while in the St. Louis area. I am thrilled to hear that we are your hotel of choice and come back and see us soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The beds were very comfortable in the room. That would be the only positive thing about the Hotel. The three of us went down to breakfast and when we returned the door to the room was ajar. Once we were home we discovered that we were missing some items from the wallets that we left in the room. I contacted the Hotel and they told me that I was the one who misplaced the items.I called the police and the credit bureaus. I would not recommend this Hotel to anybody that is passing through the area. Management needs to be more customer friendly when it comes to their guests.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank woodchicks1
Reviewed September 17, 2012

By chance we stayed there on our way to Arkansas and made it a point to stay there when returning back knowing it was safe and clean. The staff were great, the location to the interstate is fantastic, there is a gas station directly across the street to get things, and the sandwiches available there from a local were FAR better than any restaurant, subway, quiznos, etc. We had a King suite that was lovely, it had a microwave, coffee maker, and frig. Bed was very comfy. The couch area was nice. It is not fancy by no means, but was very clean. We did leave a note about the carpet when we left, and we we returned to the same room a few days later; it was not.
The pool and sauna were nice and open until 11pm. The breakfast was very good!
The price should be lower for what we paid in the area,but all in all we were very pleased.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Kelly B, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you returned to our hotel on your way back home and your stay was comfortable. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed overnight as my tire was being fixed across the street. The staff was helpful and cheerful. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The location was good with a Target, Walgreens & Ruby Tuesday, all within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. It's great to hear that your stay was satisfactory and that the location is convenient in the area. I am pleased to hear my staff was courteous and attentive to your needs. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Had to stay overnight for a late doctor 's appointment. The staff was great. We had a suite on the second floor. The room was clean and the sheets are awesome, better than most places. The continental breakfast was also very nutritious if you are watching what you eat and has something for everyone. Conveniently loated on the outer road, I was able to travel to a doctor's appointment, then on to dinner, a yogurt shop, and back to the inn without getting lost. There is an indoor pool, and everything is well maintained. The inn is very new as well making it basically maintenance free and the rooms clean and fresh.

Room Tip: In my opinion you cannot go wrong with Comfort Inn properties.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the response. I am glad to hear your stay was exceptional and our location was easily accessible. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Comfort Inn Festus
Comfort Inn Festus
#2 of 4 in Festus

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!