“Drury Inn at Arnold MO”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Arnold
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Drury Inn at Arnold MO. New hotel and the check-in staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was hot and delicious.
We have always been satisfied with our overnight stays at the Drury Inns.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I chose this hotel because I was getting married in Arnold, and it was very close to the wedding location. In total, over 15 rooms were booked for friends and family.

Service 4/5
-The service at the hotel was relatively helpful and friendly. The check-in and check-out process was made easy, and, in my two-night stay, I never encountered a cleaning person to comment on that.

The only two negative issues were highly personal (and probably rare) and administrative. Beginning with the latter (because it is not nearly as fun), many of our family and wedding party were told conflicting things when booking their rooms. Some were told a special rate that others were not informed of, and a few were told that we weren’t even staying there, despite being on their books for months. When I checked in, my best man went before me and was given his room key to room 211, I followed directly after and was warmly welcomed and informed my whole wedding party would be on floor 4. I had to make sure my best man was still planning to stand beside me or if he was just in Arnold on a pleasure trip! He had been told we weren’t staying there over the phone so had made reservations under his own name.

The second incident is more humorous than a poor reflection, but worth mentioning. At breakfast I found out that my nephews were in the pool area. They don’t live near me and are at the ripe ages of 1 and 3 so I was excited to spend time with them and their parents. I headed that way with a bowl of cereal. I scanned my card at the pool door when I was halted by a screaming man: “NO FOOD AND DRINK!” He shuffled over to me distrustfully and pointed to a sign in the pool area that said, “No food and drink.” So absolutely he was in the right. We both looked into the area at that moment, though, and saw no fewer than six patrons eating or drinking. I raised my eyebrows to him in a “Well, tough guy, what are you going to do about it?” and he responded, “No food or drink,” before gruffly walking away.

Facility/Rooms 5/5
-For a casual place to stay, this is well-kept, newer establishment. The rooms are tidy, the fitness and pool areas nice, and the lobby and breakfast area roomy. If you are looking for a good night’s sleep, fair breakfast, and comfortable setting, this is an affordable pick.

Price 4/5
-Can any place really ever get a 5 here? Unless it is complimentary, it is always going to cost too much! But this hotel is much nicer than many in its price range, and with the free drinks and snacks at night, and the warm breakfast in the morning, families can really save a lot on food costs during their stay.

Overall 4.5/5
This is a great option for a quick trip or the start to a family outing. Probably not near enough to downtown to make it feasible should your business be in that sector, but for an overnight stop or for access to South County or I-55, it would be hard to find better bang for your buck.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stay at the Drury inn every time I'm in town to visit my family and we are never disappointed. Very nice and great staff

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Drury Inn. It was a newer property and well appointed. Rates are $20-30 higher than their sister property (Pear Tree Inn) but you get newer accommodations, rooms that don't smell like smoke, good breakfast, kickback (happy hour). Make sure to ask for or find the e-saver rate (25% off) online. You can use AAA, etc for discount as well. Traveled with 3 small kids - had room for a crib (they have an actual crib not a pack n play). Easy access to highway and to get around. Restaurants within walking distance and other amenities close by. Like their breakfast and kickback each day. The kickback is free drinks (3) per person and happy hour type food -hot dogs, nachos, chicken tenders,etc. Also had some salad, carrots, celery, etc. plus sodas, etc. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, cereals, muffins, juice, etc. Both were enough to feed the kiddos for two meals!!

Pros:
Newer property
Non-smoking
Room size good - 2 double beds, had room for a crib. Fridge and microwave in room. Shower had built in shampoo/shower gel dispenser -very convenient
Good location - easy to get around. Nice area
Indoor/outdoor pool - did not try but would next time
Breakfast - good variety, but main hot dishes did not change during stay
Kickback -Happy hour -good munchies, nice you can get free drinks if you choose (full bar)
Friendly staff

Cons:
Not really any - maybe a bit pricey but look for discounts before booking. Think you have to go to their website for the e-saver rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Have stayed in the old Drury Inn (which is now a Pear Tree Inn) for a number of years and stayed in the new one on a trip back home. To me it was pretty decadent, very clean and had a very upscale feeling to it. The room was nice and clean and the beds, as Drury Inn beds usually are, were very comfortable. The price went up a tad from the old facility to the new one but I suppose they have to pay for it somehow. I'll probably stay either in Festus or even Jackson though next time.

Great breakfast bar and the staff was helpful if not over the top friendly like I'm used to with other Drury Inns. Still if you're in the Arnold area during your travels it is an extremely nice hotel.

I wouldn't recommend going to the Denny's next door though. Went there at 11 one night and had some nuked scrambled eggs with bacon. A fair-sized six-legged creature scurried behind my partner's seat in the booth. I quietly informed the manager about it but he just sort of shrugged it off. Drury Inn breakfast on the other hand was excellent!

Room Tip: Either way you don't get fantastic views of the Missouri countryside...you're in St. Louis b...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This property has an upscale feel. The employees are extremely friendly. Breakfast was the usual continental fare but did include hot items and the serving area and seating were set up well. One negative was the bedding. Linens, mattress, and pillows weren't comfortable and seemed to be of low quality. If it hadn't been for that, the hotel would have received a very good rating.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I am a fan Drury Hotels in general but this one is new and everything is pretty much perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arnold
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Arnold
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
WoodSpring Suites St. Louis Arnold
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fenton

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Arnold? Share your experiences!