“Jewel in the Valley”
Review of Arcadia Academy

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arcadia
Arcadia Academy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arcadia
Cordova, Tennessee
“Jewel in the Valley”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I were recently in Arcadia Valley and stayed at the Academy. We love staying in historical B&B"s in that we can be a part of preserving history. Katherine is a delightful host and very accommodating. The Priest's House which is the B&B is very comfortable and updated. My favorite part however is the tour of the Academy which included the Chapel with Emil Frei stained glass windows and the gymnasium with lamella vaulted roof. This is a must stay for those interested in architecture and history.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Van Buren, Missouri
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The Arcadia Academy Bed and Breakfast exceeded all of our expectations. We stayed in the beautifully appointed Priest House. The rooms are lovely and great beds and upscale linens. If you love history and architecture this is the place to stay. Breakfast was fabulous! Eggs, fruit, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, toast and warm pastry! The best part of our stay was our host, Katherine. She is so warm and accomodating, truly a lovely person!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Rebeca V
Logan
Reviewed January 21, 2013

For those who haven't recently been to Arcadia Academy, it is quite excellent! I came from Idaho to visit this area. I stayed in one of the hostel rooms. During my visit, I received EXCELLENT care and service. If you would like to add a little more history to your visit, this is definitely the place to come. Here at Christmas time, the combination of quality and festive atmosphere, makes it feel like home away from home. It was a comfortable family-friendly location. Our servers and hostesses were kind and very hospitable at Thee Abbey Kitchen. Their lunch menu was delectable. During my visit I ate at the salad bar. With the fresh greens, vegetables, and other toppings made it easy for me to make a salad just how I liked it. (I am very particular when it comes to salads.) The soups were hot, which was so nice to warm my insides from a cold winter day. The breads were made fresh each day, the best I had ever eaten. On Saturday, they had their hot dinner buffet. Home tasting meals added to my stay. They have such a beautiful historic building they are working to restore. What a neat place! They have events that go on throughout the months that make it enjoyable. Nearby are many attractions to keep you busy. This is the place to come to. Thank you so much Thee Abbey Kitchen & Arcadia Academy for making my stay so enjoyable! I will be back!

Room Tip: The new Bed & Breakfast rooms are wonderfully done. Each room comes with a breakfast served by a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LacieLogan
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Arcadia Academy B&B and had breakfast and dinner at their Abbey Restaurant located on the premises. There are beautiful, historic buildings under renovation, very nice accommodations, wonderfully comfortable beds, antique decor all located on six beautiful acres. The home cooking was delicious for both breakfast and dinner. The family owners were most hospitable friendly, and went the extra step to make sure our stay was a pleasant experience. We definitely will return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patti S
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had the pleasure or spending one day and night at this charming Bed and Breakfast in October of this year, 2012. All the rooms were very clean, charming and well decorated with antiques. There was a sitting room and a kitchen besides the large beautiful bedroom.The breakfast was served at any time convenient to us and the meal was fantastic. The breakfast was so big that we didn't eat again until 7pm that night! The owners had drinks, cookies and a small cake for us when we checked into the room. My husband is gluten intolerant as well as a dairy allergy. Catherine was very helpful fixing him a meal he could eat and enjoy. We were given a tour of the church, buildings and grounds of the Academy. The tour revealed a historical treasure. To tell you more may ruin the surprises you will find there. The fall colors were beautiful and the area fun for hicking. We also spent time at the Mountain Music Festival in Arcadia. I highly recommmend a few days in this beautiful area and this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gail M
Missouri
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The environment is unique and unusual, I had an experience of a lifetime. Each building is in the process of being remolded and refurbished by the owners hard work and sweat. Kind loving people are the owners, Brenda and Lamar.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sunflower1ella
st louis
Reviewed October 2, 2006

The B&B at Arcadia academy was just right. Amazing views, tastfully decorated historic rooms and a real honest to goddness home cooked breakfast! I've never been to a better more restful b&b. The owners are humble, grateful & awesome to deal with. The history and shear immensity of the histroic buildings are overwhelming!
This is a must visit place!
The restuarant is home cooking at its best! Five stars for those who enjoy real food, tastefull prepared.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank ssunshine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arcadia
Shepherd Mountain Inn & Suites
#4 of 6 in Farmington
Crown Pointe Lodge
Crown Pointe Lodge
#3 of 6 in Farmington

Been to Arcadia Academy? Share your experiences!