“NEVER NEVER Stay Here”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anderson
anderson
“NEVER NEVER Stay Here”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We checked in, but could not pull under the awning due to the large group sitting under it having a cook-out. Also running free was a very large rottweiler dog (he even ran loose in the hotel halls and lobby). Having young kids this was a concern. I wanted to report this to the management only to find out that they were the ones having the party outside and it was their dog! Seems that managment lets their buddies come party over there at night. Stayed 4 days, looks like this is where the Meth addicts come to hang out when the sun goes down. They will soon be out of business... stay someplace else!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank banjo1974
sheehjen2, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
I am sorry your experience was anything but Super at our property. The cookout you encountered was for registered guests and you were more than welcome to join at anytime. Again we apologize for the inconvenience as we strive for excellence and maintaining our Pride of Super 8 designation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manteca, California
Reviewed June 18, 2010

the overnight front-desk lady was wonderful even helped me with my bags. loved the breakfast

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 1965pooh
anderson
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Ive had better ! I went to the pool and the bugs were over whelming and this is a indoor pool ,and the water was murky colored not clear at all. I try to get one more nite and the girl at the front desk tryed to get me to move to anther room that wasn't going to happen I still had one nite left in that room that I had payed for so I checked out fri morring and wen't to anther hotel up the highway. I have been to this super 8 4 times beteen 2008 and 2009 and I have not been happy each time I have went now I know there are better places to stay at down the road. Good luck in your travels and find a great place to stay the nite.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ccss75

Travelers are raving about these Anderson hotels

Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed April 17, 2009

This hotel is about at good as you can expect without going to Joplin or Bentonville. It is fairly new, so everything right now is pretty good. Although when I first turned the water on in the tub a little bit came out yellowish, I assume because of the local water supply.

There was a fridge and microwave and hair dryer and plastic cups, and (do I have to say it?) a clock, although the clock was not set. The TV didn't get many stations, but it worked.

The free breakfast was just a danish, a waffle, or a flake cereal.

I did like that it was next to a Mazzio's and gas station.

One thing that annoyed me is that, with all hotels that are not strictly non-smoking, you still smell smoke even in the non-smoking rooms.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Anderson
Reviewed January 29, 2009

The staff was very friendly. Some problems I had however was that the bath tubs were smaller than average and the pool was not very big either. Also the beds were hard and the walls paper thin. I could hear other peoples alarms going off, and another guest coughing all night. The breakfast included cereal, pastry, and bagels. To drink they had cartons of orange juice, apple juice, milk, and cups of coffee. Possitive things included the fact that its right next to subway and mazzios and a gas station. Also our dogs were aloud (hints the name). Overall it was a fun time with the family, but there were some problems,

• Liked — Pets were aloud
  • Disliked — the walls were thin and the beds hard.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Guest117
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Booneslick Lodge Jane
Best Western Big Spring Lodge
Super 8 Neosho
Super 8 Neosho
#2 of 4 in Neosho

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!