“Great if you like hard beds”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anderson
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Great if you like hard beds”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here in August on the way to a canoe trip. It is convenient for canoeing the Elk River. The hotel looks pretty new and was clean and nice. The beds were really hard. My sleep number is 45 on a scale of 100 so I am not the princess and the pea. Both hips were sore the next morning as I sleep on my side. I even did my trick of take the comforter off the bed and slide it under the sheet to give it some extra padding. At check out I mentioned this and she said they had just turned the mattresses that morning. I think they should invest some money in new mattresses. The breakfast was fine and standard cold fare.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Paid for a room with roll bed and got here no roll bed and could not find it. Manager Sarah was absolutely rude as hell. I have never once had to deal with such rudeness and non helping people in my life. Trying to talk to her and she was yelling at me um that was the first mistake! Second was you continued to not help me so you got the husband. I told her I am done talking she needed to take care of the situation . Again, don't go assuming you know someone and act like a complete [--] ... Asked for the owners number and name and she would not give it to me. So with that said we will never recommend this hotel to anyone ...

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Anderson hotels

Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here, as a result of a search on Hotels.com.
I will NEVER recommend this motel or even suggest it is worth staying at.
Very difficult to find on the GPS (we ended up in a neighborhood 1.5 miles down the road) and once we found it (had to call the property and the "kid" running the front desk didn't even know where he was) was certainly not impressed with the condition of the facility.
Luckily our room was clean, although looked like it needed maintenance in the '60s. We checked for bed bugs and were surprised to see none. We had driven for 15 hours so it was nothing more than a sleep stop.
Avoid this place, it's a dump.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Have stayed here since it was new and was a Super 8 but never again. Room was dirty, tub drained very slow, air filter for AC was packed with dirt and chairs looked like there was an orgy or all you can eat buffet served on them (see photos). Advised hotel staff that evening but they couldn't offer any help. So bad we cancelled for the next night and drove 20 minutes to stay in another hotel, which was awesome by the way. Serious though, this is the only hotel in the area (Anderson, MO) and with family in Pineville, this was always convenient but I would recommend you travel 20 minutes and stay at the Simmons Suites in Bentonville, AR. $74 per night and we thought we were in heaven.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Destin, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2013

last stay was friendlier. this is a Choice Hotel and they are using Best Western key cards! manager is living on site? breakfast is not as good time as before!! pool area suffocating hot! unfortunately not another hotel in this town.....also

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Trish H
Blythe, California
Reviewed August 29, 2012

nice clean friendly staff they make you feel like your part of their family pool was great and breakfast was plenty. will be traveling next year to this area looking forward to coming back. the towels were a plus nice and fluffy been to hotels in the past and you could see thru the towels. I recomend stayn there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank leem32089
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Not sure where to even begin... Don't stay here if you value security. The grounds are terrible, with deferred maintenance all around the building. The parking lot is sketchy with semi trucks and construction vehicles parked all about and several good parking spaces against the building blocked with cones for no apparent reason.

Front desk service was poor and unprofessional at check in, and the clerk was busy "hanging out" with a sketchy shoeless character who appears to live in the building.

The room felt like a prison. Old furniture, poor climate control, fuzzy cable tv. Not sure if the carpet anywhere in the hotel has EVER been vacuumed. There were dead bugs on the floor in the hallways, stairwells, and in my room.

Came back from dinner and the front doors were locked and no one was around. Side door was locked and the card swiper didn't work. "Fortunately" the door at the end of the hall was propped open with a rock and had a handwritten sign that said "exit only - gain entrance through front door". Said door was always propped open, even twice after I removed the rock and closed it. The door off of the indoor pool didn't even have hardware on it and was incapable of EVER being locked.

All in all, I have never felt as insecure at a hotel as I did at this one. I would not stay there again if they paid me...

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Traveler4124
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Booneslick Lodge Jane
#3 of 4 in Neosho
Super 8 Neosho
Super 8 Neosho
#2 of 4 in Neosho

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!