“Amazing food”
Review of The Concord Grill

The Concord Grill
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Affton
Description: Family Restaurant celebrating 27 years with extensive menu. Newly remodeled. Over 50 Burgers to choose from. 6 oz. 9 oz. or 15 oz. $8.00 Lunch Specials, Homestyle Platters, Sandwiches, Salads, Appetizers, Pastas, Fried Twinkies (8 varieties), Fried Cheesecake, Outdoor Patio, Flat Screen Tv's. Kids menu, Email Club, Texting Program, Monthly Facebook Check-In Contest, Burger of the Month. Accepts all major credit cards, Handicapped Parking.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

For small local place I was not expecting the food to be so amazing. My husband and i only went there because we were in the area and had a coupon (from the STL entertainment book). We will definitely go back. Food was exceptionally good. Especially the Cesar salad. The service was spectacular. Jesse was very tentative.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

If your looking for fancy go somewhere else. If your looking for great food from a local place come here.

I have been here several times each time trying something new. Burgers are great--it is their specialty with more than 40 varieties to select from. However, I have also enjoyed their grilled shrimp, ribs, chicken and dumplings, and enjoyed looking at my neighbors fried chicken and the other one had the chili dog. Ribs are very meaty and cooked to fall-off-the-bone tenderness. Not as spicy as I would like, but very good. Plan to take some home as they are very meaty.

Service seems slow, but locals get the routine of just selecting a table. The staff could be a bit faster to welcome those who stand at the door waiting for seat. They also need one person watching to see who comes in when. I was there for about 5 minutes when two more parties came in. The party closest to the bar got waited on first, then the next closest one, and then me. But no worries, once they found me the waitress was attentive and provided plenty of refills, and checked to be sure meal was fine. A great place to go to just hang out with friends.

1  Thank Joyce N
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This place has the best variety of burgers in the whole St. Louis area. Their menu lists nearly a whole page of different burger choices. All are very large and made with the best quality ground beef I have ever had. The waiter we have had several times has always been very good in providing advice on menu selections and staying on top of our needs. I would highly recommend this as place to watch a game while you grab a quick lunch.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've been here 4-5 times over the past 3 years. The first few times it was fantastic! The best burger I've ever had. The last visit was such a huge disappointment I won't go back. Sad.

My last visit was because I bought a Groupon they offered. Went there in Sept. 2012 with my husband. He got their pizza burger medium-well, I got their Havarti burger medium (same one I've always had from there). His burger was too pink for him, and it was luke warm. The cheese was not even melted. Terrible for a pizza burger. My burger was warm, but was overdone and literally dry. It was a terrible experience for both of us, and we won't go back.

I happened to mention this to my boss who lives in Affton, and he and his girlfriend used to frequent this restaraunt also, and even he said they used to be great but are now quite inconsistant with their food.

So, go if you wish, but be warned.

2  Thank Maplewood_Jen
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've been eating & drinking here for more years than I honestly can remember. It's all good! Hands down Best Burger In ( at least ) South County. Yep, and they'll make it just exactly the way you want. I love their home make May Fair Dressing, yum, huge salads, always fresh. My wife and I were just there for Rib Eye Steaks. Great steaks, a wonderful B-B-Que Pork Steak, fresh stemmed veggies. They have a well stocked bar and great tasting ice tea. The Concord grill is just off S. Lindbergh Blvd. It may be a little tricky to find the first time and there's extra parking in the back. Enjoy!