“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Austin
Brooklyn Center
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and in good shape. The pool area was clean and in good condition. We have stayed ther many times. We will stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Wendy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mindoro
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very clean. Hospitality was outstanding. I felt very comfortable and welcome.
I usually get up very early in the morning and some things don't change. So while I was up at 3 am the gal that worked that night asked if I'd like a cup of coffee and even stayed and chatted with me for a bit. I felt I had known her for years. You don't find that kind of hospitality anymore. I'm not sure what her name was but she is a small gal with dark hair. Please tell her I said Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Heidi L
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I grew up in Austin and was back to visit my folks. This is by far the best hotel for the money in town and we were very happy with the room, the service and the breakfast. They have worked very hard to provide a quality experience and quiet place to relax! Great job Cindy & company!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ChaplainMM
Eden Prairie
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I grew up in Austin and I've been to most of the hotels in the area and this one is by far the nicest.The rooms are very clean and updated with nice artwork, the pool is great, although for what you pay for a room they could have a free pool table. The front desk staff were very helpful and your room includes a free hot breakfast, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Kimberlee R
Pine City
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The staff (all) are very friendly and helpful. They act right away to any requests that I have had. I have been staying at Austin AmericInn for work for more that 2 years on and off. You can even meet the owners of the Lodge. They are often working right along side the staff. Breakfasts are very good and pool and hot tub are cared for very well. Jim H.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank James A. H
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I guess it is as good as any in Austin and better than many, but we were happy to leave. Seemed pricey for what you get. Maybe we were paying for the indoor swimming pool and pool table. Handy location with chain restaurants nearby, Caribou coffee and a supermarket. Walmart also nearby. Everything one needs. Breakfast is adequate with the usual issue of getting there early to have a full choice. Beds ok but no duvet. Lighting in our room was terrible. Could barely see inside the closet. No overhead light when you step into the room. Light switch at the door did nothing. Wifi download was fast but I kept getting logged out. Reasonably clean. All this said, hotel is very busy. We will probably come back as there is nothing better in Austin.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cyclists1
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I hadn't stayed in an AmericInn before, and I was a little worried about it. But the reviews seemed to be OK, and the choices in the small town of Austin aren't overwhelming. So I made the reservation, and decided to upgrade to a jacuzzi room -- partly to make sure of getting a good-sized room, and partly because I figured I could use a little hot water after a drive from Sioux Falls.

Turns out I made a good decision. The room was generally fine, although I should note that there was a bit of a smell in the air and the bathroom sink area was a little dirty. This was mentioned on the way out and the staff member was very thankful we brought it up. In fact, everyone we encountered on the staff was extremely friendly during our brief stay.

It's a good location, too - right off Interstate 90 (you can see it), and within walking distance of Culver's - rapidly becoming my favorite ice cream stand in the Midwest. Downtown is just down the road, and a strip mall with a Target isn't far away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Days Inn Austin
#5 of 7 in Austin
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 10 in Albert Lea

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin? Share your experiences!