“Mother's Day Weekend”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We always stay at the Americinn when in Austin for holidays and other events/activities. This is a newly remodeled hotel which offers upgrades to members, when available. We have always received excellent service from the front desk, especially from Amanda, who is very helpful and accommodating. The rooms are nice and they are always clean. The breakfast is good and they always have coffee on hand. They offer fresh cookies and popcorn during the week. We have just finished our 10th stay there, so we are eligible for a $75.00 voucher, or $40.00 cash, which is a nice benefit to its members. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Austin!

Room Tip: We like to stay on the ground floor, because they do not have an elevator to the second floor.If you...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The person working the front desk is the first person guests will see. That first impression can influence their opinion of the hotel. We got to the hotel at 2:15 on Saturday May 4. Instead of being greeted we were told "we aint checkin no one in til 3". There would have been a more professional way to state the check in time.
The hotel itself was very nice. Our room, however, had dried toothpaste still in the sink and the toilet didn't look like it was washed. The pillows were not comfortable at all. I would stay again to give a second chance but would try a price bidding website because I feel the rate is a bit high for the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent one night in Austin to attend a fundraiser that some of our family was a part of. Not much time was spent in the hotel but while we were there it was fine. The room was clean and quiet for sleeping. The one thing I don't understand about this or the other Austin hotels is why they are able to set prices 20% higher than comparable sized cities for the same quality of stay. Overall I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I would like to thank the owners and staff of the AmericInn in Austin, MN ... Larry and Cindy made me feel like family and went out of their way to make my stay feel like home! It is as if I have known them for years! Super Clean, Super Quiet, Super Friendly, Super, Super, Super!! All the amentities one could hope for at Great rates ... Breakfast in the morning was excellant as well, great variety of items. I HIGHLY recommend to everyone ... I know I will Definitely make this visit again ... Thank You again for a Great Stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I recently took our family to Stay at this hotel for a relaxing overnight getaway for my birthday. We thought it would be a nice way to break up the weekend to relax by the pool. This is certainly not what we found! Shortly after arriving my daughters went down to look at the pool and came back to the room to let us know there was a rowdy family in the pool throwing balls around everyplace. my daughters told us the lady from the front desk was in there hollering at them to settle down. As we walked into the pool area we could quickly see exactly what our daughters had described to us. After requesting pool towels at the front desk, the lady came in and dried off a table just so we could sit down. we had not been in there 5 minutes and the splashing began. The last straw was my husband being hit by a flying ball. My husband stood up and asked that they please be respectful of others trying to use the pool. This immediately prompted the woman from across the room to come down and get in our face. I went out to get the front desk lady (who was outside smoking) to come in a remedy the situation. It quickly escalated and the owner of the hotel was called. The rowdy family gathered up their belongings and said they where going to another hotel. Peace returned to the pool area. After about 5 minutes the owner came in to get our side of the story but it was clear he had already spoke to the other family involved. The owner told us that since the other family had stayed three nights and we where only gonna be there for 1 night, he had made more money from them so we would have to leave. We gathered our things and went to the AmericInn In Albert Lea (30 minutes away) and had the best time ever! I will never stay at the AmericInn in Austin EVER!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank ctwangen
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been staying at the AmericInn in Austin, Minnesota twice a year for the past nine years. We go to Austin to visit family and enjoy the freedom of staying at the AmericInn and not having to inconvenience family. It is centrally located in Austin and is close to the major routes that take you to and from Austin. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there is always coffee available in the lobby area. The breakfasts are more than adequate, and in the evenings there is usually fresh popcorn or freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. There is also a large indoor swimming pool with jacuzzi and sauna. The people are friendly and accommodating. We will be returning there in May to see our grandson graduate from high school.

Room Tip: Just request what you want and they will accommodate you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here the first time back in August for a wedding. At that stay, the guest service representative was great! The pool was awesome (apart from the expected children who weren't being supervised by their parents) It was a weekend. That kind of thing happens. The hot tub in the pool room was awesome. Everything was great about that stay. The rooms and lodging have been remodeled. The owner is super friendly and runs the hotel.

Then I stayed last Friday. The accommodations were the same. Everything clean and pristine, which is great, but the Guest Service Representative didn't know how to properly bill me, as I am an easy rewards member. Because they do not do express check outs, I had to wait until the bank had processed my payment to see that my 75 dollar room voucher had not been accredited to my stay. I was told that the Guest Service Representative was new. I understand being new, but if they can't process your bill correctly, they probably shouldn't be at the front desk by themselves. All employees should be trained completely and comprehensively before they are let loose, because then a guest's bill can be screwed up. I called the night auditor last night and she told me that she couldn't adjust the billing, that it had to be a manager, which I found odd. When I talked to the manager, she kept on telling me about their debit card policy, which I understood. It was only after some rambling did I get her to understand that the original worker had not applied my easy rewards voucher, so instead of my funds being released to my card, as they should have, I now have to wait LONGER because of inadequate training.

I do want to say that the guest service representatives who I talked to, from the one who checked me in, to the night auditor, to the manager who handled the correction of my bill were all extremely pleasant and understanding. They seemed to be compassionate, and caring, not just for me, but for all the guests. The friendly, welcoming attitude only goes so far, however, when you're not listened too.

I do think this is a worthwhile property to stay at. The rooms are wonderful and updated. It's clean. It's got great amenities. It's close to everything. Just train your staff COMPLETELY. That's my only critique.

Room Tip: If you're an easy rewards member you can get free upgrades, so if you get a King room you can ge...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Albert Lea
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Austin

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Austin? Share your experiences!