“THANK YOU for a FABULOUS experience at your Conference Center!”

Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I want to thank all the staff at the Holiday Inn & Conference Center in Austin, MN for a FABULOUS experience while attending our 45th High School Class Reunion! We held our event both nights in your beautiful conference room August 16 - 17. From the moment we came to set up for the first night to checking out 2 days later, we were met with the most helpful, cooperative staff I have ever encountered on my many travels here and abroad! The General Manager, Tracy Benesh, was the most amazing General Manager I have ever met! I truly believe he is the reason behind his terrific staff! He sets a wonderful precedent. He was extremely pleasant, exceedingly helpful and words cannot describe how greatly appreciated he was for all his technical help that he provided us throughout the weekend! We had a video presentation on one of the evening events and he spent as much time as we needed to get it just right....from the lighting effects to the sound requirements to the actual video presentation itself. He relinquished a huge worry off of my shoulders taking care of everything!!! I can't thank him enough! The food his staff prepared and served for our sit down meal was extremely tasty! Lots of compliments from our classmates on the flavor and tenderness of the food that was served. We will definitely be holding our 50th class reunion at your conference center again!!!!! I cannot recommend this facility enough!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!
GRATEFULLY, Patty Bradley

Room Tip: Any room is a great room here, unless you prefer to be away from the pool area. We were next to the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for the WONDERFUL review!!! It was a pleasure having you and your group with us and we look forward to having all of you back for the 50th!!! It was a fabulous time for our staff too and we really enjoyed being able to assist whenever we could. I have shared your very kind comments with our staff and we are very thankful you took the time to share. Thank you and see you again soon!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

AMAZING. Staff are accommodating and friendly, rooms are spectacular, and the sheets are the best I've experienced. The hotel is easy to locate in Austin and there are many dining options within walking distance, as well as options within the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Austin and will be staying again during my next visit. Tracy was especially accommodating to us and made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Thank you!

Room Tip: the suites are worth it
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your AMAZING review. We are very happy to hear that you loved our hotel and enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I have shared your comments with all of our staff so we can be sure to deliver the same experience to all of our guests. I am also glad to hear that Tracy was accommodating and made your experience that much better. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

When I was a child, my parents would often take us to the local Holiday Inn for a fun "vacation" of sorts. There was something wondrous about the smell of chlorinated water that excited my youthful enthusiasm. I remember the pool being located at the center of the hotel and all of the rooms being situated in a parameter around it. I've missed those vacations.

I was, however, pleasantly surprised to find this beautiful reminder of my youth, when we visited the Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, August 2013. It had a similar layout to the Holiday Inn that I often visited as a child, but it was incredibly clean, highly modernized, and operated by stellar staff.

My wife and I arrived late in the evening and were exhausted; we were in our room within a matter of minutes. The room was clean, spacious, smelled new, and had an incredibly comfortable bed (including some pillows that were soft, for my wife, and firm, for me). We slept wonderfully and without any disturbance at all.

Another bonus was that the air conditioner was not overwhelming... you know the type: you turn it on, and you experience a sub-zero arctic headwind... you turn it off, and you are a sweaty, broiling mess. Actually, I didn't have to touch it the entire time I was there... it was perfectly set.

Now, to be honest, my interests have changed with my age; and instead of rushing to the pool early the next morning, I went to the fitness room. This is one of my favorite parts of my stay: the fitness room actually had free space in it. It wasn't packed full of treadmills and ellipticals; I actually had space to do suicide drills, push-ups, and jumps [this is an important part of my workout routine, and most hotels provide no room (pun) for this]. In fact, I asked the staff upon our check in, about how much room they had for such activity, and they informed me that "if there wasn't enough room, they would open up a conference room for me." That was both unexpected and very generous.

To top it all off, my wife and I had a killer breakfast the that morning: it was ready in about 5 minutes, the wait staff were incredibly kind and appropriately attentive (so great was our service that I give a 70% tip), and it was well portioned (meaning that I wasn't hungry for the next 7 hours... which is no small feat).

Don't think for a second that my nostalgia blinded me in my visit to Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center. I was truly more blinded by the personability of the staff, their willingness to accommodate my seemingly unreasonable whims, and the amenities offered by the hotel itself. Some my balk at the "older" layout of the Holiday Inn of Austin, MN... But I firmly believe that it is a modernized perfection of a classic look. I will certainly be staying here for all of my future visits to Austin, and I would highly recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ash S
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to share that wonderful recap of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience and our staff was able to deliver outrageous service to you throughout your entire stay. I will be sharing your comments with all of our staff so we can continue to aspire to deliver the level of service, cleanliness, quality, and the overall experience that you had to all of our guests.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The kids were ready to pack it in for the day, and of course, we needed a place with a pool. We've stayed a Holiday Inns in the past, so we pulled in to this location. You can tell they had recently refurbished the place. It looks quite nice and modern. The girl working the front desk was extremely nice. We had our choice of a room facing the pool or away...for convenience we chose the one facing the pool. The room itself was fine. The pool was fine. The beds were okay. The paper thin walls separating the pool area and our room, not so fine. We could hear the conversations of the adults and the shrieking of the kids clear as day, when we decided to turn in. Thankfully, they followed the hours posted and didn't stay in the pool past 10. I'm not begrudging anyone having a fun time in the pool. Just wish we didn't have to hear it all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our hotel to be well kept and modern. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than exceptional. I am very thankful you took the time to share your open and honest feedback with us and I will share your feedback with all of our staff so we can continue to deliver the level of service you experienced and work to ensure that all of our rooms, including the ones by the pool area are at the highest level of comfort.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Wonderful experience. The gentleman working Saturday was very pleasant and took great care of us. Clean and up to date rooms with a good selection of TV channels. My family and I attended a wedding and felt at home in our down time at the hotel. Would Stay again.

Room Tip: Talk to the people up front if you need help with directions
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. I am very happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you and that you felt at home when staying with us. We hope to have you back again soon. Thank you for telling us about your Awesome stay!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were looking forward to our stay in a King-bed, hot tub suite. We were so disappointed. The so called hot tub was an average sized jetted bathtub in the bathroom. Nothing like the hot tub suites we're used to staying in. The room was clean, but the bathroom was dingy. We didn't even try the tub! The other couples staying in our party were also disappointed with their rooms. They thought they were getting rooms with a microwave and refrigerator and did not. Another couple had problems with the reservations and only had a room one night instead of two.
If you do stay here, I would not recommend eating at the hotel bar. We had 15 people and not one person said they had good food. Spend your money elsewhere!

Room Tip: Don't book a hot tub suite, it's a one person jetted bathtub!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback concerning your visit. I am very sorry to hear that you did not get the hot tub suite you had booked and instead where in one of our king rooms with the jetted bath tubs. It is very clear to me that we did not properly communicate with you or your other guests during the reservation process and I will use this feedback to help ensure we are more accurately doing so in the future. Also I am very sorry to hear that your group did not have any positive comments concerning the food in our hotel bar. Your comments will help us improve the guest experience for our future guests and we appreciate you taking the time to bring these very important issues to our attention. Please know that we take our guests comments very seriously. Thank you.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I come to Austin with my family about once a year to visit family and have stayed here for the past 15 plus years. I will start by saying this place has been nicely renovated in the past few years and it is much more pleasant than it used to be. There are also only a few places to stay in Austin to begin with.

We have stayed on the first and second floors. We have stayed toward the front (by the lobby/bar) and the rear (pool/hot tub). We have stayed in the courtyard rooms and the outside rooms. So we have a lot of experience with this hotel.

If you are staying on a weekend - expect NOISE. Lots of people like this place for after wedding parties, after bar get togethers, etc. If you're by the poolside or by the bar, expect noise. However, even if you have an outside room expect guests who do not seem to understand they are in a hotel with others who may be trying to sleep. We have heard loud talking, yelling in the halls at all hours. On our latest visit this month, three guests decided to use the pool at 3:00 AM! We called the front desk and they made them leave, but really. Who doesn't know that's a no-no and very inconsiderate.

The service in the bar (Torges) is variable. We had to wait 10 min for a server to acknowledge us on this latest visit. The food was uninspired and very average. A soggy backed potato with no flavor was one example.

The service in the breakfast restaurant is also nonplussed. My husband asked for a 1/2 order of an egg's benedict and was told that the kitchen "didn't like to do that" so "NO". Now what kind of service is that?

The beds were on platforms and there were deadly metal and platic rods sticking out that injured everyone of our family at one time or another. I will upload pictures. These are hazards that should be taken care of before someone really hurts themselves seriously on them. I cut my finger, my son stubbed his shin, etc.

All in all, if you don't mind inconsiderate guests, a noisy hotel, bad food, etc. this place is fine. We are probably going to stay elsewhere on our next trip and hope for a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn. Feedback such as yours helps us to identify how we can exceed our guest expectations. I want to apologize that your stay with us was anything less than exceptional. I also want to apologize for your experience with noise in the middle of the night but am happy to hear our staff was able to resolve that for you quickly. We strive to maintain an environment that is comfortable for all of our guests and we will use your comments to assist us in doing so. I am very sorry to hear that your experience with our food and beverage areas was anything less than exceptional. We take a lot of pride in the quality of our sports bar and grille and in the service of our Bistro and I am sorry to hear we let you down. Thankful you took the time to share your feedback and give us the opportunity to learn and grow from your experience.

Tracy Benesh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Days Inn Austin
Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Austin

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center? Share your experiences!