“An unexpected gem”

Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from a Holiday Inn in southern Minnesota. I am much more of a Marriott and Hilton girl. However I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the property, the friendly, can-do attitude of the staff, and even the bar/grill restaurant had good food, such that I chose to eat there both evenings I was in town.

Free internet, nice rooms, pool, business center. The only downside is that it is difficult to get a cell signal in the hotel rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AustinGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our Holiday Inn of Austin, MN. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, the location convenient, the hotel to be clean, and that you would return. I will be sharing your kind comments with all of our staff so that we may continue to deliver the level of service you had experienced. Regarding the poor cell phone service, we have been following up with one of the Cell providers that our guests have reported issues with to us and they are expecting to have a new tower being installed at the end of May which should improve cell reception in this area of Austin. Again, thank you for sharing your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

In 2006, I reviewed this hotel and found it lacking. I was recently in Austin again and found that
this is no longer the case. They have cleaned it up and it is now an acceptable place to lay your head. Clean and with a helpful staff which was not the case before. Bedding is up to date. No reason to not stay here. Had dinner and the meal was good and reasonably priced. Breakfast was actually very good with nice choices, well prepared and presented. I had a room with two queen beds which seemed a bit narrow so if u are thinking of having four bodies in the room u might want to check things out before paying. A full sized bed, they may be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AustinGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on our renovations. I am sure this place looks quite a bit different than it did back in 2006! We are delighted that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast and that you found it to have plenty of options to choose from. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We held our conference for over 200 people over the course of a day and a half. I can't say enough about how great ALL the staff at the Austin Holiday Inn was to work with - from the catering manager, to the wait staff, to the set up crew and front desk staff - literally, everyone there. We used 6 breakout rooms and attendees switched between them every 50 minutes. The crew came into each room to refresh water, do any cleanup in the 10 minute break. The meals were great and served with a smile. Need more chairs? We'll be right there - and they were! I've worked with many hotels and conference centers over the years and the Austin Holiday Inn staff was the best!! The hotel rooms are very clean, stylish and comfortable too. I highly recommend the Austin Holiday Inn and Conference Center for your next event! L. Burg - Region V Computer Servcies

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AustinGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

It has been a pleasure reading your comments regarding the conference that was held at our property! We are delighted to hear that you found our team of associates to be friendly and accommodating to you throughout your entire stay and that your event went well. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience and thank you so much for the 5 star review!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed for one night as my daughter had a interview at a company nearby. We were only there for a short time as we checked in late. I recently stayed at a HI in Chicago that seemed very similiar. This property is very clean and decorated very tastefully. The morning breakfast was off the menu and decent for the value, not overpriced. I used the fitness center the next morning. Two treadmills, two elipticals, a bike, and some free weights. All good equipment. Pool area looked nice and clean as well. The room was nice and had pillows of different firmness. Only complaint was that the mattress was quite firm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AustinGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences while staying with us! We are thrilled that you found our property to be clean and attractive and that you were able to enjoy breakfast with us. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we all wish your daughter the best of luck with her job search. Thanks again!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The HI in Austin MN is excellent! It's the nicest HI I've ever stayed in. Lobby & pool are beautiful, well-maintained. The Jacuzzi Suite is MOST comfortable for a long stay. Staff are wonderful. A calm oasis in an odd little place.

Room Tip: The back corner 2nd floor Jacuzzi Suite is quiet, very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TPImanager, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear you had such a great stay with us. It is great to hear you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating - they work hard to provide each of our guests with the best customer service possible! We are also happy that you found our entire property to be well-maintained and our guest suites comfortable and relaxing. We appreciate the 5 star review and hope to see you in the future! Thanks again!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Overall - an OK experience. After many hours on the road we chose to spend the night in Austin before continuing the trip. The Holiday Inn is located ideally for such a stop since it is right off I90. The facilities were clean but felt a little “used”.. If you are traveling with a group there is and area next to the pool which works as a place to hang out. When you reserve a room make sure you ask for a location as far from the Bar/Lounge as possible. The lounge music is loud enough that the entire front of the hotel shakes and it is even difficult to have a conversation when checking in. For an overnight stop this hotel is certainly adequate.

Room Tip: Avoid the lounge area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WI_Parrot
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn of Austin Minnesota. I am happy to hear that you chose to stop at our hotel on your long trip and found our location off of the interstate ideal. I am also happy to hear you found our hotel clean and recognized the sitting area next to our pool as a great location for small groups. I am sorry to hear that the Live music we provided in our lounge was a not what you were looking for. It is our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and we will use your feedback to continue to do so. I will be sharing your feedback with all of our staff so we can continue to deliver the level of cleanliness you had experienced and work to maintain the sound level in our lobby by ensuring our lounge doors are kept closed.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback,
Tracy Benesh

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were part of a wedding party block and they were very accomidating in getting our rooms located near each other. Pool, bar, rooms,etc. were all clean and updated. Maids were some of the best I've encountered at Holiday Inns and they speak and understand English fluently! A little disappointed that there are no welcoming items for platinum priority club members.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
AustinGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn of Austin Minnesota. Feedback such as yours helps us to identify how we can exceed our guest expectations. I want to apologize that you did not receive your welcome gift. Our Priority Club members are very important to us and we will continue to focus on ensuring they are recognized with a gift. Also I happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you and that you found our hotel to be clean and up to date. I will be sharing your comments with our staff so we can continue to deliver the same level of cleanliness and service that you experienced

Thank you again for taking the time to offer your feedback,
Tracy Benesh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Days Inn Austin
Best Western Plus Albert Lea I-90/I-35 Hotel
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Austin

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Conference Center? Share your experiences!